I was burned by the new Lumi Laser, getting married in two weeks, help!! (photos)

I'm a laser treatment veteran. Done my underarms, Brazilian, face and neck & profractional and BBL treatments. Yesterday I went in for my standard maintenance appointment and they had gotten the new version of the Lumi Lightsheer laser. My tech said it was exactly the same, just newer technology. I am completely burned all over my chin, lips and neck. They have me using Neosporin, Icing and the Elta Hydrovase w/Protease. I am getting married in two weeks and freaking out!! Please help!!

Laser Burn -- Silicone based scar gels with growth factors, topical steroids, lightening cream

I suggest a combination approach of skin care, LED treatments and sun protection. This will take 2-3 weeks to look better and 12+ weeks to improve fully.  Best, Dr. Emer.

LHR burns - treatment? Wedding soon.

This is a difficult problem. I like to use Biafine for these non infected burns. It needs to stay on the skin in a thick layer with reapplications frequently. If this is an emergency, you can consider hyperbaric oxygen therapy too. Obviously, they are not accustom to the laser with their settings.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser burn

Your doctor should prescribe a topical steroid cream and ssd cream right away. In two weeks it will look better and can be covered by makeup, but it may take up to 8-12 weeks to completely clear it up. And don't forget to apply sunscreen with SPF more that 30 to protect the damaged skin.