What are some great questions to ask during a rhinoplasty consultation?

I am searching for a ps for a rhinoplasty consultation. I have been told that I have a "tricky" nose. For someone with my type of nose, what would be some great questions to ask? Thanks

Rhinoplasty Consultation Questions

Start by asking the 3 Magic Questions: 1. Is this an operation that you perform frequently and how often do you perform rhinoplasty? 2. Do you teach, speak, or write about rhinoplasty for the benefit of other plastic surgeons? 3. Do you have long-term follow-up photo for this procedure? Talk to your surgeon about your top three concerns. Your surgeon must have the Experience, Expertise, and show Exceptional results. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Otolaryngologist with expertise in Rhinoplasty. #plasticsurgery#drrodrohrich#rhinoplasty

Questions to ask during a rhinoplasty consultation

1. Open versus closed rhinoplasty?2. How many rhinoplasty procedures do you perform in one year, and how many have you performed in your career?3. What percentage of your practice is devoted to rhinoplasty?4. Is there any packing/ stents placed inside the nose? ( The answer should be no)5. What is your touch-up rate for your own patients? 6. Are you board-certified in plastic surgery, or facial plastic surgery?7. Who is performing your anesthesia, a board-certified physician anesthesiologist?8. Where is the surgery being performed?9. Is the surgery center certified/ and or licensed as an outpatient surgery facility?10. Are the photos located on your website your own patients?

Questions

1.Credentials (Should be be certified by one of two Boards, either American Board of Plastic Surgery,or American Board of Otolaryngology with additional training in Facial plastic surgery),2.  percentage of practice devoted to rhinoplasty,3. number of cases done yearly, years in practice,4. rate of revision of his own cases. 5. Review a large number of before/after cases.6. Ask if he/she has done cases similar to yours.
On your own, check online for medical malpractice awards or settlements, and, disciplinary action taken by the state.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon