Fix a birth defect in adulthood?

I was born with a genetic disorder called Crouzon Syndrome. I had 3 major surgeries as a child to make me look sort of normal. I'm now 37 and thinking about getting additional work to get me closer to normal. I'm sick of being called names on a regular basis. The problem is I don't really have records of the work that was done previously. Is further work even possible and would it do any good?

Doctor Answers 2

Crouzone syndrome

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Having had Crouzone syndrome and previous surgery, you need a cranio-facial plastic surgeon in a major center. I recommend
Dr. Bahman Guyuron
Chairmen department of Plastic Surgery
case Western reserve university
Cleveland, Ohio

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Craniofacail deformity correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should contact a craniofacial surgeon in your area/state. Craniofacial teams are usually associated with mayor university centers. I am sure that there is one in MN. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.