Will a lower eye bag removal and upper lid lift work for me? (Photo)

I am about to go see about getting some consults for my eyes. I've had hooded eyes and lower eye bags my whole life (they even bothered me in my 1st grade school picture), but they've grown terrible over the past 5 years. I'm 34 but feel like I have the eyes of a woman in her 50's who hasn't taken care of her skin. I'm wondering if surgery would even work - they are puffy all of the time, but they are many times worse in the morning (the 2 pics are 7 am and 7 pm, same day). Thoughts?

Heavy lids in 34 year olds

Dear LissyAnna, 

In certain families, eyelid fullness can present at early ages. Its related to a forward setting of the orbital septum which normally holds back that fullness.

Its best to consult with a specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery in your area for a consultation.

I think you could be a good candidate for surgical correction.

I hope this was helpful.

Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Surgical and Non-Invasive Options for Hooded Eyes/Lower Eye bags--fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

You may be a good candidate for surgery, but there are also non-invasive options that work well. Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under the eye. We also use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Eyelid surgery

I think you are a good candidate for the lower and upper lid surgeries.  This would refresh the eye area by contouring the lower lids, smoothing the puffy areas and giving the upper lids a more open, rested look.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Will a lower eye bag removal and upper lid lift work for me?

Thank you for your question and photographed.  Based on your photos a 4 lid blepharoplasty with trans-conjunctival lower blepharoplasty including arcus marginalis release and fat grafting if done by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon should give you a nice result.  To learn more about these procedures please read the following link:

4 lid bleph

Based on these photos, you would be a good candidate for a 4 lid blepharoplasty.  This would be to remove the upper eyelid skin and if you want some fat.  For the lower lids I prefer a fat repositioning to move the fat pads into the tear trough to smooth out the whole area.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for a consult.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

You do appear to be a very good candidate for lower blepharoplasty (for under eye bags) and upper blepharoplasty (lid lift). See following link. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye bag removal

You have extra fatty tissue under your eyes, which is best treated with lower blepharoplasty surgery. This can be done through an incision on the back of the eyelid so there is no scar. You also have some extra skin on your upper eyelids, which can be treated with upper eyelid surgery.

Based on your photos you are a great candidate for surgery. You have beautiful eyes and will notice a big difference when the extra skin and puffiness are removed.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but based on the photos it appears as though an upper and lower blepharoplasty would certainly help with these issues. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck!  

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC