3 weeks post-op is this a double bubble or blister scab? Could it be inflamed pectoral muscles? (photos)

I just had my 3-week post-op with my surgeon. She said I might have a double bubble. My left breast was always larger and had more loose skin than my right, she used 350cc in my left and 375cc in my right to even out the volume. After they removed the ace wrap, there was a blister on the right. Could that scab be causing the illusion of a "double bubble" on the right side? Also, I have very strong pec muscles from lifting. Is the hump look on the top from my pectoral muscles being inflamed?

3 weeks post-op breast augmentation with residual asymmetry.

Though it is indeed early in your recovery to say for sure, it appears as if augmentation alone may have been insufficient to deal with your pre-existing breast droop, especially on the left side.

You could indeed have a double bubble on your right side, and a snoopy-dog or waterfall deformity on your left. Both implants will drop, soften, and settle to some degree, and that may improve the left side, while potentially worsening the right. The blister is probably not an issue if it continues to heal normally.

Your pec muscles have been surgically elevated from their previous positions, and they do have some degree of healing to undergo, but the "hump" you describe is due to implant position, not pec inflammation.

I also believe that 25cc is inadequate to compensate for visible pre-op volume asymmetry (if you can see asymmetry--not in droop, but in true volume--it is at least 50-60cc since you cannot "see" a less-than-two tablespoon discrepancy), but your major asymmetry may have been more in droop than volume.

Keep in touch with your surgeon, but consider that a revision or conversion to lift plus implants may be recommended no sooner than 6-12 months post-op. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post-op is this a double bubble or blister scab? Could it be inflamed pectoral muscles?

At three weeks, it is hard to judge the results. It takes 3 to 6 months to see the final result. The ace wrap is not likely to have caused a problem.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation healing

Thank you for the question and photos.  Your before photo will be important in understanding what is occurring currently.  If the pectoralis is tight and holding the implant up but the pocket has been properly created, the implant will settle properly.  If on the other hand you were in need of a lift prior it may be that the breast tissue and implant will continue to occupy separate locations.  Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you.

Good luck with your healing.

Dr Remys Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that I will recommend you to go to your surgeon for a check up, it is not normal and one of your breasts is getting saggy, you need to check what can be done, I will recommend a lift if you consider to have a revision.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD