I'm curious to know if my butt will go through a period where it drops after BBL?

I just got a BBL on Friday November 4th. Seems like a lot of the fat is at the top half of my butt and not so much at the bottom. Help someone I'm getting very anxious.

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of Luck!!

It has been my experience that the buttock does drop a bit as the healing process continues.  You should always contact your surgeon about preoperative and postoperative instructions and concerns.  Surgery and the recovery period is a complex interaction of what was performed and how your body reacts.  There are not going to be easy answers to this online, because there is not enough known to make an intelligent recommendation.  I make myself available to my patients  by email and phone both before and after surgery for this very reason.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. It is not good to get anxious after or before a procedure, it will be bad for your recovery. Relax and let your body heal completely, it will take time. your buttock can change between the first 8 weeks. Use your boopy pillow at least for 8 weeks to protect your bbl shape.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL

It is hard to answer this without having been your surgeon and knowing where the fat was placed. It is possible, that what you are seeing is swelling as well.

BBL

I would consult with your surgeon for a physical examination if there are areas of your buttocks that you are concerned about. Generally, most of the swelling will resolve by 6-8 weeks and you should start to see your finally results by then. During the recovery period leading up to that your buttocks will continue to change slightly as the swelling resolves and one side/area may resolve quicker than the other giving the appearance of unevenness. If after 4-6 months, you are unhappy with your buttocks or there are areas of unevenness still present then I would consider a revision to graft more fat to the flatter areas where the fat may have no survived. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Shaping and safety with BBL

The beauty of the BBL is that you can selectively place fat in micro mini droplets to enhance the shape of the buttock as well as augment its size if done correctly by a surgeon with extensive experience with the procedure. The procedure is not as simple as it appears and there has been an increase in reported deaths internationally due to this procedure just announced at the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery conference I attended in Tokyo Japan this month.  To ensure safety and results be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with this procedure. I perform shaping first with augmentation secondary to the improved shape.