CO2 vs Sciton for aging/preventing aging?

I asked this question before but was told that it depends on the sciton laser so I guess I'll rephrase it- is there any version of the sciton laser that is superior to the CO2 in terms of age and wrinkle prevention/wrinkle prevention?

Thanks for your query. Co2 is a non ablative fractional co2 laser while sciton works on erbium yag. Both follow the principle of causing thermal injury which causes collagen remodeling giving a resurfaced skin and visible improvement in skin tone, texture, fine lines and acne scars and marks. Sciton comes with various models, by far the sciton halo works better for aging as it not only works on fine lines but also works on sun damaged skin giving a visible flawless skin in few sittings but it has a drawback as it comes with downtime and visible scabbing can be seen. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Aging Prevention with Lasers--Co2 Versus Sciton Erbium

I do all my Co2 /ablative resurfacing with PRP to enhance the results and increase the healing.  What matters most is who is doing the procedure not so much the device.  Co2 is much better at long term collagen production than Erbium but has more downtime.  I suggest you see a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

CO2 vs. Erbium Dual Pulsed

Dear Minneapolis Patient,

Both CO2 and Erbium can remove past sun damage and stimulate the skin to produce new healthier skin.

CO2 has a fixed ratio of heat to ablation where Sciton Erbium has the ability to change the ratio of heat to ablation. 

This allows the Sciton have a safer profile in general that CO2. And Yes you can get great results with Erbium Dual Pulsed Treatment.

I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon