Is my chin little? Can it be fixed? (photo)

Chin augmentation and profile alignment

Your chin is a little less projected than is ideal, and the area just under it (the submentum) is also a little full.  So my suggestion is to see an experienced surgeon who can first use computer imaging to show you a number of modifications that help you anticipate the size of the necessary chin implant.  At the same time the implant is placed, a subtle amount of liposuction would also help to really define your jawline.  The implant does pull out some of the submental skin excess, but lipo would really be a valuable refinement.  

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

It would be fair to say that your chin is not particularly strong for a male. The fact that you have raised a question about its weakness indicates it is a concern for you. Computer imaging will help you see whether a stronger chin would be of aesthetic benefit to you. Chin augmentation using a square style chin implant would be a good choice for a young male.

Is my chin little? Can it be fixed?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant

Thank you for your question and photo. Your chin is weak but could easily be corrected with a chin implant. Begin with a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon and visit several offices. Computer imaging will be very helpful along with your surgeon in determining the size of the implant you will need to get the results you desire. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz 

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Receding chin

Your chin could use augmentation with a chin implant. You look young and  you should wait until you are over 18 and have not had any height increase for over a year before being evaluated. . 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the great photo and the question. Looking at the photo you provided, it does appear as though you have a small chin which is referred to as microgenia. As long as your teeth are in alignment, the best option for getting a little more chin projection is by using a silicone chin implant. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber

Chin implant candidate for little chin

From the one limited photograph, it appears that the chin is weak, recessive and small. Consider a chin implant to help with facial balance, proportions, and make the chin  have more projection. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed under local anesthesia through a small incision under the chin. In our practice, we have been using Implantech silastic chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below