Would the use of Belotero help with my smile or should I opt for microdermabrasion or skin needling? (photo)

I've noticed that over the past few years my smile has developed dynamic wrinkles, and although I am only 24 I am aware that this problem is only going to get worse as I age. I've also noticed that I am developing deeper fine lines from smiling so much (alongside with recent weight loss), so I was wondering if I would be a good candidate for Belotero or would I be better off doing something such as microdermabrasion/hydrafacial or dermapen to help stimulate the production of collagen in my face?

Smile lines

Fillers would help with your fine lines. I would recommend that you follow up with a reputable injector for a physical examination.

Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Would the use of Belotero help with my smile or should I opt for microdermabrasion or skin needling?

Belotero® fills in smile lines in 1 treatment and can last up to 1 year or longer. Microdermabrasion or micro needling will aid in collagen growth to fill in smile lines as well, but may take up to 3-4 treatments and 4-6 months to see results. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Smile LInes

I would first fill the nasolabial fold or smile line  with restylane or Juvederm . This will dramatically reduce your overall smile lines.  If the second line is still there, you could try belotero or restylane silk for the fine line.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Belotero for smile lines

I would probably recommend a combination treat. Options include Belotero injected intradermally to help with the fine lines. This can be combined with Juvederm or Restylane injection deeper into the nasolabial folds. Finally, microneedling or nonablative skin resurfacing will improve the skin texture while topical skincare including sun protection and antioxidant will help you prevent further damage and maintain your results.

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician

Treatment of the signs of aging in a young face

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photos. You would probably achieve best results with the combination of fillers and laser skin resurfacing. The vampire facelift (PRP w Microneedling) could also give benefits. Speak with an experienced doctor in person for fuil evaluation and discussion of treatment options.
Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Facial aging requires a combination approach with fillers, lasers, microneedling and skin care to get the best results. I suggest seeing a physician who is an expert in combination approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Smile lines, collagen, filler

You said it- these are "dynamic" lines. Even if you were to undergo a filler treatment into the lines themselves, the results will not last more than a few weeks because every time you smile, you create more lines.  What I would recommend is a filler such as Belotero or even Restylane into the nasolabial folds, more deeply, to volumize the area.  When your face is at rest, a subtle indentation is present and these fillers will help improve that.  However, the fine lines that appear when you smile are not worth chasing, in my opinion. 
Be well-

Estee Williams, MD