Would Beletero help my under eyes problems?

My under eye area is a nightmare. I have dark circles, visible oil glands, and under my right eye, there's a slightly visible vein. My skin is so fair that it just makes the problem worse. I'm wondering if Beletero would help any (or all) of these problems. I'm interested in this filler because I've heard it integrates with the skin better and there's also less of a chance for the Tyndall effect to happen. What do you think?

Belotero will not help get rid of hyperpigmentation

Belotero will help improve the hollow areas by filling them with volume, or 'volumize the area' under the eyes. It does not help reduce pigmentary problems which is related to skin. 

I recommend Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams. 

Santa Monica Belotero expert

Belotero can help with hollowness around the eyes. However, dark spots will have to be corrected with a combination of photofacials, chemical peels (Melapeels), and Melarase creams. 

DR. Karamanoukian 
Montana Avenue - Santa Monica

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Under eye problem

I believe that you need to consult with a board-certified Aesthetic Dermatologist because it sounds like the under eye issues you are experiencing may require different treatment modalities. For example we use the Nd: yag laser (repeat treatments) to treat under eye veins, hyfreaction (superficial cautery) to minimize oil glands, and Fraxel® laser to thicken and brighten the skin. Belotero® may be appropriate for you if hollowing is contributing to your dark circles.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Belotero is Perfect for Under Eye Hollows

Under eye hollows is an area that most patients are unhappy with.  A small amount of Belotero injected in this area can provide immediate results.  There will be some bruising afterwards in this under eye area.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Belotero since there under eye are is one of the most difficult to inject.

Belotero Is An Excellent Filler For Under Eye Hollows, Tear Troughs & Dark Circles

Without photos, I can only comment in general terms. I have been using Belotero Balance for the under eye area with gratifying results since its FDA approval. When dark circles are present, I sometimes add a tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish colored filler, in order to lighten the area. This sometimes works as well for masking the larger type of vessel that you may be describing. However, only a very experienced injector with expertise in treating this area should be consulted for treatment, since injecting the under eye area is not for the novice injector, especially when there is a relatively prominent vessel involved. Excellent results have also been obtained in this region with diluted concentrations of Restylane.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Belotero For Underneath The Eyes

Hello and thanks for your question. It's impossible to make an accurate assessment of your needs without an in-person consultation or at least seeing some good quality pictures. For proper candidates Belotero is an excellent treatment for underneath the eyes. However, based on what you describe, it sounds like you may need combination treatments with fillers, and/or laser resurfacing with laser vein removal. I suggest scheduling a consultation with a provider in your area who can create an accurate treatment plan for you. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon