Should I get a BBL before having Lipo?

I'm interested in having both a BBL and Lipo in the future. Should I have a BBL before any Lipo, or should it really not matter. Thank you very much!

Should I get a BBL before having Lipo?

Liposuction is part of a BBL, so I would recommend that you have it all done at once. You don't want to have just liposuction first as the fat would then just be discarded when it can be used for the BBL.

Liposuction Before Brazilian Butt Lift.

Hello, and thanks for the question. Since you need to use your own fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift, liposuction is an integral part of the procedure. Most Brazilian Butt lifts require at least 3-400 cc's of fat in each buttock (and the average is more like 5-600 cc's in my practice) to be successful. How much fat is determined by the size of the patient, the patient's requested buttock size, and how much fat the patient has to use. Typically, only about 30-35% of the harvested fat from liposuction is usable for transfer after it has been filtered and the excess fluid removed. That means, to get 500 cc's into each buttock (1000 usable cc's) we need to suction around 3 liters of fat (3000 cc's)! Typically, this will require suctioning of the abdomen, flanks, back, and waistline, depending on the fat deposits in these areas. The waistline is suctioned as completely as possible to shape and narrow it, as this indirectly enhances the buttock shape. Other areas can be suctioned as well if more fat is needed, or more contouring is desired. The Brazilian Butt Lift, in most cases, becomes a contouring procedure of the waist and trunk as well as the buttock. In many cases, it is actually the amount of fat the patient has that limits the size of the buttock, so don't have liposuction and discard all that usable fat before you come in for your Brazilian!  (This way, you also will likely need one procedure instead of two.)

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Lipo and BBL?

Liposuction is part of a BBL. If you just have liposuction first without the BBL then that fat will be discarded and wont be for use of the BBL at a later time. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure designed to transfer fat from one area of the body, typically the stomach and thighs, hips, knees, and back to the buttock through liposuction.  The procedure is meant to reshape, but also enhances the size of a buttock to better fit the figure and provides a perky appearance to rear end. For those who have lost weight and feel their buttocks lack shape or wish to improve the appearance of their backsides, the brazilian butt lift procedure is a solution. It is unique by the use of the patients own harvested body fat, rather than the use of synthetic material. This allows for a healthier and longer lasting result. Next step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of Luck. Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA

BBL & Lipo

A BBL procedure consists of using ones own fat to enhance the buttocks. Fat is typically transferred from an area such as the abdomen, flanks, or other areas depending on individual anatomy. Therefore liposuction is part of a BBL surgery.

Leonard Lu, MD

Should I get a BBL before having Lipo?

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Liposuction and BBL

It is a pleasure to answer your question. BBL uses a person's own fat to naturally augment and shape the buttocks. Fat extraction is first performed by liposuction, this procedure uses a suction technique to remove fat from specific areas of the body, such as from the abdomen, back, flanks. Liposuction also shapes (contours) these areas giving you a nicer figure. Then transfers that fat to the buttocks (BBL). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

A Brazilian Butt LIft and liposuction are designed to be done at the same time.  The fat is harvested with liposuction and then purified and reinjected to shape the butt.

John Burns, MD