What is the Minimum Recovery Time from a Smile Makeover?

How much time off from work is recommended for recovery? What activities should be restricted?

Minimal Recovery Time Needed

A smile makeover can incorporate various procedures, but in general most patients can return to work within a day or 2. It is important to follow the instructions provided by your periodontist or dentist. That limits the risk of developing any complications. One specific point: I do suggest that my patients avoid laughing in a way that creates a big smile, because that could pull out the stitches following surgery. You may also notice a tight feeling in the upper lip for about 2 weeks after surgery. Limit any strenuous physical activity at least until the stitches are out. Good luck.

Los Angeles Dentist

Is Work Missed After Smile Makeover?

In most cases, after having a smile makeover you should be able to go to work the next day.  You will need to follow the instructions closely from your doctor on what you can and cannot eat.  You may need to take some Advil the day of the procedure, but other than than the post operative pain should be minimal.

Recover Time for Smile Makeover

Depends on the individual. Most people are fine and go back to work immediately. Some might need an additional day. It's not as stressful as one might think.

Ted Murray, DDS
Dubuque Dentist

Smile Makeover Recovery Time

Generally no time is required to be taken off work following a smile make over but I would recommend taking the next day off if a lot of treatment  such as a full mouth reconstruction is done.  I would suggest you refrain from any physical activities such as sports or lifting for a couple of days.

Dan Haas, DDS
Toronto Dentist