Mini Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, and Liposuction in One Surgery?

Is it possible to get a breast augmentation, a mini tummy tuck and a bit of Liposuction on my thighs in the same visit? My goal is to reverse signs of 3 children (droopy breasts, loose tummy) and age (a little extra fat on saddle bag area). I'd like to get it taken care of all at once. Also, what is the cost (approximately) of all 3 procedures?

Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Breast Augment Together

It is quite common to combine the above procedures, and this is often referred to as a "mommy makeover", a term that refers to correcting whatever the post pregnancy changes to the body are. Just be careful to talk to a well experienced surgeon. Most of us prefer not to do a mini-tummy tuck because for so many patients it leaves a tihtened lower abdomen and a loose or even bulin upper abdomen. there are certainly a few patients where the mini may be appropriate, but that is why you need a ood sureon to help you decide.

Combination procedures

It is very common to proceed with these multiple procedures in one setting.  But as my colleagues have suggested, you need to visit with your ASPS member surgeon for a complete evaluation of your health status, past medical history and medications.  He/she will determine if you are medically safe to proceed with a combined procedure.  They may also recommend further evaluation by an internist for medical clearance if that is warranted.

Combining Breast Surgery, Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Is Safe and Saves Recovery Time

In young healthy patients combining breast procedures such as breast enlargement or a breast lift and abdominoplasty/liposuction is safe. Several good studies show no difference in the number of complications.

There is always the possibility of a blood clot forming in the leg after any tummy tuck procedure, or any surgery over 2 hours in length for that matter. While this is rare, if it occurs it could be very serious. Use of sequential compression stockings started before the anesthetic is very important on any of these procedures. There is also a growing number experts who now recommend a mild blood thinner after these procedures to help prevent this complications (this is not universally accepted)

Pain control is very important and use of a Marcain pain pump for the abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) makes this combination much easier on the patient. In my practice this has really changed the way patients recover for the better. My patients often walk in smiling the next day since we began using pain pumps.

Combining procedures saves one very valuable commodity, your time. The value of two weeks of time recovering is very high and should be part of your decision.

Finally, if you have medical problems, or smoke it may be better to separate these procedures because your risks are higher. Your surgeon should help you determine if you are a candidate for multiple procedures by doing a complete history and physical. If this was not done, seek another surgeon.

Combined Procedures

It is not uncommon to combine the procedures that you named.  The key is to visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon and determine if these are the best procedures to treat your problems.  If so, you will be able to have them at one time and have one recovery.  Very worth it.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Good candidate for a mommy make over

From your description you may be a good candidate for a mommy make over.  You should first be seen in consultation by a plastic surgeon who can review your risk factors and determine the best treatment plan to address your concerns.

Combining breast implants, mini-tummy tuck and liposuction

If you are in good health, combination plastic surgery procedures can be carried out safely provided it is completed in a timely fashion. These procedures can be done in 3-4 hours, which is a reasonably amount of time. The longer the procedure, the higher the risk of developing a DVT (blood clot) in your leg which could potentially migrate to your lungs.

Please be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon prior to scheduling a combination of plastic surgery procedures.

You may also require medical clearance prior to surgery from your internist or family practitioner.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy makeover

As long as you are in good health, you can absolutely have a mini tummy tuck, breast augmentation and liposuction all in one surgery. Combining these procedures to correct the changes that occurred to your body after pregnancy and childbirth is commonly referred to as a Mommy Makeover, and is a very popular procedure among women with very high satisfaction rates. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Mommy Makeover procedures to find out exactly what is best for you to achieve your goals. At this point the surgeon will also be able to give you an accurate price estimate for your surgery. Best of luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

More surgery

Be careful because the more surgery that is done, the longer the recovery time and the more the risk or problems. Of course, several procedures can be done at once but you must be realistic about the risks involved. Speak with your surgeon. 

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck/liposuction and breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. A mini tummy tuck/liposuction and breast augmentation are great procedures to combine as they address some of big changes that happen after pregnancy or weight changes. It is often referred to as a mommy makeover. It is a bigger procedure and may often require a night in the hospital. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options in more detail, review if there are any medical reasons to stage the procedure. If they deem you are healthy to have have the combined procedure, then you will only have one recovery.

One combined surgery could be a great cost savings!

What you describe is one version of what is called a ‘Mommy Makeover’.That means a combination of surgeries designed to do just what you referred to- Reverse the signs of pregnancy and child bearing.Changes in the abdomen and breasts, and unwanted pockets of fat deposition just naturally happen within the mechanical stretches and hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy.The only way to counteract those changes is with surgery.It certainly is possible to combine those procedures into one surgery for your ‘makeover’!You only have to go through one surgery, one anesthetic and one downtime, and the nicest part is it is more economical to do it all at once too!!On average the makeover you describe would run between $9,000-12,000 depending of type of implant, areas for lipo, and if a full or a mini tummy tuck is needed. (If done separately these same procedures could total $13-15,000 at our facility).It’s really the most advantageous all around to do these all together.Even from the standpoint of the surgeon, I feel like I can get a more proportional, harmonious and aesthetically pleasing result if I can work on these areas all at the same time.My biggest advice to you is to make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area so that you can expect the quality of expertise this kind of surgery requires.