I had a mini tummy tuck on May 13, 2016. This is my belly button now. Could umbilicoplasty improve the appearance? (Photo)

Would umbilicalplasty improve belly button at all?

Could umbilicoplasty improve the appearance?

Thank you for your question and photos.  I recommend my patients wait at least 3-6 months before considering a revision or further surgery.  If your concerns are still present then one may consider a revision.  Always seek a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Surgery - Possible Revision Umbilicoplasty

Thank you for your question about recovery from Belly Button Surgery and Mini Tummy Tuck.

Wait to completely heal for 3-6 months and then evaluate your results.  Revision Umbilicoplasty is possible.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery in general, it is best to speak directly with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many differing opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you. Nobody should know you or your unique set of circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second opinion and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation with a thorough evaluation, including a review of your history, review of all prior treatment and with a physical examination.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

It is possible to improve the appearance but
you need a personal evaluation to address
your concerns. Discuss it with your board
certified plastic surgeon.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon