1 year post C-Section with belly pouch: Mini or Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I'm nearly 1 year post C-Section and the fullness/saginess of my belly and pouch is causing confidence issues. Would I benefit from a full or mini tummy tuck?

Mini or full tummy tuck

Very few patients are good candidates for a mini-tummy tuck.  Most patients benefit, as you will, from a full tummy tuck as it will address your upper and lower abdomen and can tighten up your abdominal muscle.  The scar is longer and more recovery time is necessary but you want to make sure you do the correct procedure that will address your concerns resulting in a pleasing result. Make sure you are at a steady weight that is realistic for you to maintain and that you are done having babies before proceeding.  Perhaps discuss a little liposuction to our flanks for contouring with your surgeon.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck? #tummytuck

Full tummy tuck from what I can tell in your pictures. Really what I would want to know is what are your overall goals? Very few women are candidates for a mini tummy tuck. You have excess skin in the upper and lower abdomen and the only way to make that tighter is via a full tummy tuck. Obviously I must say that I would need to see you for a full exam to give you the most accurate advice. Based on your pictures, full tummy tuck.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Full tummy tuck is needed

You would benefit from a full tummy tuck.  If you are not planning future pregnancies I recommend a new technique called Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.  The mesh augments the strength of the abdominal wall, help you lose weight and maintain the reduced weight.   

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

I think that a tummy tuck coupled with liposuction of the sides and the back will give you a very nice result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Not a Mini

Thank you for your picture.  A fully tummy tuck plus liposuction is the best solution for you.  Mini tummy tuck will not address all the areas of your abdomen that need treatment.

Dr. ES

Full Tummy Tuck for Best Contouring Result

By your pictures, the ideal abdominal contouring option would be a full tummy tuck. While liposuction and/or a mini tummy tuck would provide some improvement, the result from these lesser procedures would likely be disappointing to you.

Full tummy tuck

Thanks for the excellent photos.  If you were my patient, I would suggest a full tummy tuck to address your needs.  Good luck.

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

First of all, thank you for your question and pictures.  After reviewing your pictures you had posted, I would recommend a full tummy tuck with flank liposuction for you to get the best results. As always, you should consult with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to be certain of the procedures that would give you the best results.  Best of Luck!

Heather Rocheford, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

Based on your pictures, a full tummy tuck would give you a better result. A mini tummy tuck would not be worth it.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

Based upon the posted series of photos I hose a FULL TUMMY TUCK for you. See a few boarded PSs in person.