Considering mini brow lift with hairline lowering (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 8
Hairline and brows
Hairline Advancement (Reverse Browlift)
- the scar at the hairline should disappear over time but will be visible for the first couple months, so you might need to wear bangs for a while
- while not usually necessary, a follow up hair transplant is sometimes necessary to blend the temporal hair with the advanced hair. Make sure the surgeon draws where the new hairline will be after the surgery so you know what to expect.
- this surgery will not effect brow height nor will it decrease forehead wrinkles
- if you wanted the brows lifted with this operation, it can be done at the same time by lifting both backwards and forwards with brow release. Again, I wouldn't recommend this for you.
- Cost is a little under $5000 including the cost of anesthesia and use of our AAAASF facility.
I personally would suggest continuing botox or dysport to help with the lines and relaxing the brow. An upper lid blepharoplasty would help with the crease and excess skin in the upper eyelids. I do the majority of my brow lifts endoscopically which does not really alter the hairline elevation however you are not really a brow lift candidate. I am not a big fan of many hairline lowering procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.
You might also like...
Considering mini brow lift with hairline lowering
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, California
Mini Brow Lift and Hairline Lowering
It is true that you do not want to raise the brows as they may bit a bit high already. The hairline can be lowered a 1/2 inch or maybe more with a procedure that places the incision at the hairline, advances hair-bearing scalp forward to allow for excision of non-hear-bearing scalp skin, then is cut so as to encourage hair to grow through (and hence, camouflage) the scar at the hairline. Regarding cost, it would depend on your location and the surgeon who performs the procedure.
Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift with hairline lowering.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.