Do I Have Options For a Mini Arm Lift? A Full Lift Seems Too Extreme For My Case.

I have excess fat in my arm pit and upper arms, my muscle in my arms are solid and the skin is not too saggy but a regular arm lift is too extreme what are my options?

Mini Arm Lift Surgery

It's not unusual for patients to develop loose saggy skin with normal aging. This can affect almost any area of the body including the upper arms. When this problem is encountered, a variety of treatment options are available. The specific procedure chosen will depend upon the patient's anatomic deformity and aesthetic goals.

Although your history is helpful, it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination or pictures. Despite this, your history suggests that you might be a candidate for a mini arm lift procedure.

This procedure would involve a transverse incision in the armpit which is well hidden. The procedure would not address excess skin in the transverse dimension. Liposuction might also be an option, but this procedure has the potential to increase skin sag.

Under these circumstances, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform an examination. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan based upon your anatomic findings.

Arm Lifting Candidate?

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination, I would suggest that you be very careful about your choice of surgeon and surgical procedure. Generally speaking, patients who try to minimize scarring may end up choosing the wrong surgeon or surgical procedure and end up with regrets. For example, if arm lifting surgery is indicated and liposuctioning or "mini" arm lifting surgery is performed instead patients will end up with unsatisfactory aesthetic results requiring further surgery to revise and improve upon the results achieved.
I would suggest an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice.

Another option if you are not ready for a brachioplasty would be Vaser Liposuction.  We offer this in our practice.  It removes fat through the liposuction process and also has skin tightening properties.  We have seen very good results with this technology.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Options are Available for Limited Arm Lifts

If you have good skin elasticity and underline muscle tone to support the skin envelope then simple liposuction may be all you need.rather than a full arm lift. There are also minimal scar arm lift procedures available.If there is limited fat and loose skin close to the arm pit then a short scar technique also called a "minimal incision Brachioplasty, leaving the final scar in the arm pit may be possible.It is a great procedure for the right person See a board certified plastic surgeon for best recommendation. 

Limited arm lift procedure

It sounds like just liposuction is a possibility in your case.  In addition for mild cases, excision of an ellipse of skin near the axilla can result in enough skin tension to take up excess skin.  This can limit the scar but should be used only in mild cases of excess skin of the arm.