After Lipo what under garments should I wear?

Lipo garment

Some surgeons recommend garments and others do not. You should ask your surgeon specifics about what he prefers.  Best of luck.

Undergarments?

Hello. You must be referring to the compression garments. These are usually purchased through your doctor's office or from specialty online stores. You should ask your surgeon about what the brand they recommend in their office. On the day of the procedure, I suggest patients wear comfortable loose clothes over their garments and avoid tight undies or pants. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Garments Following Liposuction

For my patients we provide the exact garment I want them to wear. It all depends on what areas you have done during your surgery. Your Plastic Surgeon should/will provide a medical grade garment for you I would assume! Check with their RN on this matter. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Compression Garment Question--Contact Doctor and Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone to aftercare

If you're referring to compression garments, I recommend asking your Dr. about their compression protocols. I suggest adding lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen along with your compression in order to reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

What should I wear after liposuction?

Every surgeon is going to do things a little differently and you should follow the advice of your surgeon regarding what garment you wear. I have my patients wear a compression garment. When they awaken from surgery they will be wearing the garment. The garment should be worn 24 hours a day for the first 2 weeks after surgery. It can be removed briefly for bathing. Wearing a compression garment helps control swelling and bruising and improves the shape and contour of the area treated. 

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Garments after liposuction

Thank you for the question.  Your operating surgeon will have a preference of garment for post op.  good luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Garment

Thank you for your question. Each plastic surgeon will have different post operative instructions and it is best to discuss this with your doctor. Best of luck in your recovery. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question.  Each surgeon has their own protocol for post-liposuction compression.  Far more important than the specific compression protocol, is the quality of the liposuction.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD