Vaginal Tightening. Are there any doctors that specialise in this area?

I have been doing my research on countless occasions and I cant seem to find the right doctor and information just seems so vague when it comes to this specific topic. I am looking to have my vaginal walls repaired due to the effects of child birth. Based on some information I would like to pursue a surgery rather than laser treatment. Seems effective. Are there any doctors that specifically specialize in this area? Do you know a reputable colleague?

Doctor Answers 4


Thank you for your question.  Vaginoplasty can be performed for the reasons that you describe. There are several techniques, which should be discussed with you by the surgeon.   In my practice, I discuss this with my patients in order to educate them on their cosmetic issue, the surgical options and possible outcomes so that they can make an educated decision. I would recommend finding an experienced genital surgeon, which include Cosmetic Urologists, even if it involves traveling.  

Best of luck.

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Vaginal rejuvenation specialists

Dear S4A2:

There are many surgeons who claims to be specialist in the field of vaginal rejuvenation both plastic surgeons, gynecologists, and urogyencologists.  What makes a person an expert is one who has experience, expertise, a great reputation, one who gets great results and one who will give a guarantee to on his/her results.  I have had 8 more years of gynecologic surgery training compared to the average plastic surgeon and 4 more years of training when compared to the average gynecologist.  I trained two more years in urogynecology and then 2 more years in laparoscopic reconstructive vaginal surgery followed by cosmetic surgery as well as 3 months in neuropelveology ( neurosurgery for the pelvic).  

My partner, Dr Moore,  and I have coauthored two papers ( 2 of the 4 in existence today in the scientific literature) which shows our cure rate is 85-90% for surgical success in vaginal tightening.  If after one year the patient is not happy with her tightness and she feels she needs to be retightened we will redo the surgery and not charge for a second surgery i.e. surgeons fee.  You will still need to pay anesthesia and operating room.  Dr Moore and I wrote the book of vaginal rejuvenation and we often couple complete reconstruction of the vagina (ONLY IF NEEDED) with rejuvenation.  This is often needed when the uterus falls down of the vaigna starts to turn inside out. Please see our website for a complete list of the procedures we do as well as our accolades.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

John R. Miklos, MD, FPMRS, FACS
Atlanta Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Thank you for reaching out about vaginoplasty for vaginal tightening

You should expand your search and consider travelling if you can't find an expert nearby. Make sure that the surgeon you choose is also expert in pelvic reconstruction and vaginoplasty, not one or the other. 

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Find a Urogynecologist or Gynecologist

Wonderful question!

The effects of childbirth on the vagina can be massive.  The surrounding musculature can be lax and the skin can become loose.  Those who study Gynecology and Urogynecology have specialized training in this area and usually utilize a method often employed after birth which has been modified to remove excess loose skin and properly reapproximate the muscles.  I also advise follow up with a pelvic floor physical therapist to further improve your new vaginal strength!  There should be someone in Milwaukee who does this specific surgery, and sometimes it may be covered by insurance depending on your condition!


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.