Rhinoplasty, nose job or nose reshape?

What's the difference between these three, and How I know which one the best for me?

All are the same - the real question is what is the difference with open or closed rhinoplasty?

All those terms are the same thing. The real question is what is the difference between open or closed rhinoplasty?

Consult a Closed Scarless rhinoplasty specialist who practices closed rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical practice. 

Rhinoplasty, nose job, nose reshaping procedure

These three terms mean the same thing, so don't be confused.  A rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that involves making changes to the nose which includes sculpting the bone and cartilage. For many before and after examples and more information,  please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty, Nose Job, or Nose Reshaping

You are just raising a question about semantics because all three terms can be used for the same procedure. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural non-surgical appearance regardless of what you call it.

Rhinoplasty, nose job or reshaping?

Thanks for your question.  All of these terms refer to the aesthetic changes possible in reshaping a nose.  Some patients also have breathing problems that can be dealt with by an experienced facial or plastic surgeon.  Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who gives you confidence, review photos and discuss your options for change.  Enjoy the video link above about the consultation experience and what you should learn from it.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Nasal surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.  This can be confusing because all three terms can be used for the same procedure.  The best advice you can receive would come from an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

It's all semantics

All of these terms can represent the same collective set of procedures that are meant to alter the appearance of the nose. The size and shape of the nose can be changed via a surgical procedure performed by facial plastic or plastic surgeons where the bone and/or cartilage of the nose is changed to achieve a desired look.

Without seeing your photos it is difficult to understand what may be best for you. I suggest you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so that you may discuss your concerns and the details of what is involved during surgery. Best of luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery terminology

Each of these terms may represent the same thing -- surgery performed on the nose for cosmetic and/ or functional concerns. I would advise meeting with a few facial plastic surgeons or plastic surgeons to review your particular concerns in person and develop a plan that best fits your needs. Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The terms that you listed all represent the same operation.The correct operation is based on your present anatomy and your goals for the surgery.