Which procedure would remove the excess fat and skin around the flank area, giving me a much more improved shape? (Photo)

I'd like to know what procedure would be recommended to get rid of my excess skin and side bulges to have a smoother tapered look? (I've already undergone a full abdominoplasty) and with removing the flanks how long would recovery take?

Which procedure would remove excess fat and skin around the flank area?

Your question is a common one for both men and women who have experienced significant weight fluctuation.

Your photos demonstrate a very nice result following abdominoplasty, but as you have suggested, additional surgery will be required if you want to improve the lax tissues of the flank and buttock.  A completion bodylift with additional liposuction would likely address your concerns effectively.

I recommend that you consult with a  board certified plastic surgeon who regularly performs post-weight loss body contouring.  He/she can review your concern/goals, propose a specific plan to achieve this, and accurately counsel you regarding risks/benefits/recovery involved.

Treatment of excess skin and fat in posterior flanks

Although a physical exam is required to make any formal recommendations, based on your concerns and photos, I would likley recommend a completion body lift (essentially the posterior portion of the circumferential body lift) +/- liposuction if there was excess fat.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy = lower body lift. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Which procedure would remove the excess fat and skin around the flank area, giving me a much more improved shape?

Based on the pictures, I would offer flank & back liposuction and then extend the incision to remove the extra skin. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS