Is it possible to find a doctor make your nose look like your favorite celebrity or anyone you like?

Is it possible to find a doctor make your nose look like your favorite celebrity or anyone you like their nose?

Rhinoplasty Shapes Nose to be in Harmony With Your Face

While you may wish to have a nose like a favorite celebrity, the aim of a well-done nose job is to reshape the nose so that it better suits your own face, harmonizes with your features, and allows your natural beauty to shine through. You can use the celebrity nose as a reference when you are consulting with a facial plastic surgeon. He or she can then discuss with you how realistic your desires are. The point is to look your best – not to try to look like someone else. I hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty candidate

It is important to remember that most celebrity nose pictures have been digitally altered and airbrushed. It is not possible to give someone another person's nose. Digital computer imaging performed in the office setting is a helpful tool to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features.  For many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below 

Celebrilty nose

If it were possible, you'd see many more beautiful noses coming out of doctor's offices. Its a charade. if anyone promises you a celebrity nose. Surgeons are not sculpting clay or marble.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Can a doctor make your nose look like a given celebrity?

Not really. Michael Jackson wanted his nose to look like Diana Ross's. He underwent multiple operations and wound up with a disastrous result. I do encourage patients to bring in pictures of noses they find attractive, to use as a point of reference and to see what their aesthetic sense is. But the nose they wind up with is going to be different and unique to them.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Rather than trying to look like someone else,  it is important understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose in order to be in harmony with your other facial features.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do and what can be achieved without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty surgery, or any other facial surgery, does not work that way. You can not just make a facial feature or face look like someone else. You have a different anatomy than every other person so no exact change can be done. Other people's noses or face may help as a guideline for your surgery. But if you expect to have a nose like a celebrity from surgery then you are going to be very disappointed.

Celebrity rhinoplasty?

Its understandable that some people want to have a nose similar to a famous celebrity. Sometimes, this can be helpful as a basis for analyzing the types of changes that you desire. In the end, it is not possible to create any nose at all. Rhinoplasty is not magic - it is a surgical procedure that alters ones own structure to create a somewhat different form. There is a limit to how much change is possible.

Patrick J. Byrne, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Some surgeons are willing to alter one's nose to match a celebrity, however, I suggest against that approach because the most attractive nose is the one that is proportionate to your face and to your facial features. The balance to your face is very important - a celebrity's nose works because it is their nose. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes and No

Rhinoplasty is such a personalized surgery; this answer depends entirely on what kind of nose you're starting with, and what your goals are. I encourage my patients to bring photos of what noses they like so we can be sure we are on the same page. I never guarantee a nose to look like a celebrity's, but it is helpful to have a reference point to see what the patient likes. Go with a board certified plastic surgeon and ask to see as many before and after photos as you can. Best of luck!