Does the Kybella treatment results last a while? About how long?

Longevity of Kybella

Thank you for your question.  Kybella works by dissolving fat cells, which lie just below the skin under the jawline.  As the fat cells dissolve, this helps to give the submental (under the chin) region and jawline definition.  Because the fat cells are dissolved, they are gone permanently.  As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, you shouldn't see a return of the submental fat after Kybella.  Be sure to discuss your questions with your board certified injector, as well.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Treatment

Thank you for your question. When Kybella is injected into the fat beneath your chin it destroys fat cells and once destroyed those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. The fat cleared from the treatment area is processed through your body's natural metabolism. With that being said Kybella once all treatments are completed you should see results for the rest of your life since those cells are permanently gone. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Kybella results

Thanks for your question. Kybella targets fat cells to remove them permanently. The number of treatments needed depends on a patient’s desired goal. Visit a board certified dermatologist to get the exact number of treatments needed. Best, Dr. Kat

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella results

Kybella is the 1st FDA approved injectable treatment for submental fat (the fat below the chin). Most patients require somewhere between 2-4 treatment sessions. The results are permanent in that the fat cells destroyed by the Kybella injection do not return. If you complete the recommended treatments, maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid a large weight gain, the results will be long-lasting. I hope this helps.

How long does Kybella last?

The fat cells that are targeted are eliminated permanently.  Of course you can still gain weight and will continue to age.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella Results

Kybella permanently eliminates fat cells. Kybella is typically done in a series of 2-4 treatments. It is always possible if someone were to gain weight after treatment they could gain fat back to the area treated.

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Kybella and Longevity

Kybella is a fabulous permanent injection for submental fat. It generally takes two to four treatments to permanently treat the area. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Duration

Thanks for the inquiry!Kybella is a great tool for permanently destroying neck fat, since the dioxycholic acid found in the injection works to kill the fat cells. Once the fat cells have been eliminated from the body, they do not "grow" back. If a substantial amount of weight is gained after the treatment has been completed, you do run the risk of developing new fat cells in the submental neck area. However, if weight is decently maintained and 2-4 treatments are accomplished, the results will last a lifetime! I advise visiting a physician to develop your personalized treatment plan. As a personal preference, I've found plastic surgeons to be the most "artistic" with Kybella, allowing your treatment to become even more personalized and custom-tailored to your face and neck.
Best of luck

Kybella

Hello, and thanks for your question. One of the nice things about Kybella is that the results are thought to be permanent. With that said, if you gain weight you will noticed increase submental (i.e., neck) volume. Usually 2-4 treatment sessions are required to achieve satisfactory results. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella results

Thank you for your question Joanne Koehn. Kybella is the first FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Most people require a series of 2-4 treatments, but some people may require up to 6 treatments. The great thing about Kybella is that once a person completes his/her series of treatments, maintenance treatments thereafter are not required. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician