I have a ripped clitoral hood from frequent masturbating. What type of procedure/doctor is needed for me to have a quick stitch?

Ripped clitoral hood

Any plastic surgeon who is experienced with genital reconstruction and labiaplasty surgery will be able to make an assessment of your situation and make recommendations.  It is impossible to say whether or not you will benefit from a corrective surgical procedure without photographs or a physical examination.  If the mucosal tear has been long-standing and the tissue has retracted, correction can be more challenging in some cases.  Schedule a consultation with the board-certified plastic surgeon.   

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Depends....

You might just need a stitch or two. If it is easy any doctor can probably do it. The more complicated it is, the more specialized the best surgeon would be. Maybe have your GYN look when convenient and go from there. 
Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Clitoral hood repair

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your option.  A direct repair would likely be something that can be accomplished under local anesthesia in an office based setting. 

I generally recommend six weeks after labiaplasty and/or clitoral hood reduction before engaging in sexual activity including masturbation. The incisions may not quite be ready for all the friction and pressure that accompanies sexual activity. If you engage in sexual activity that doesn't directly apply pressure or friction to the labia or clitoris, then you should be fine.
I would definitely check with your surgeon on their post-op instructions.

Ripped clitoral hood

A ripped or torn clitoral hood can be repaired, usually under local anesthesia. Seek an experienced surgeon who can show you a lot of before/after photos of labia and clitoral hood work.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Clitoral hood repair

Repairing the clitoral hood may be done under local anesthesia with excellent results.  It will need several weeks to heal before directly manipulating the area with sexual activity.

David Stoker, MD

Torn labiaplasty and clitoral hood

A torn clitoral hood or labia minora can be corrected using labiaplasty techniques to reduce redundant tissue and repair torn skin and soft tissue. These are performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

No quick stitch for 'ripped hood'

and as mentioned by the others, you do need an exam to better appreciate what is 'damaged'.  Depending on your anatomy, you should be offered a recommendation along with potential risks and complications and costs and then you can decide it that will work for you or even if it actually needs repair.  Your expectations and goals must be appreciated by your surgeon and also know what the revision policy is in case some other outcome results from your procedure.

Curtis Wong, MD

Repairing clitoral tears related to sexual activities...

Tough to give you a cogent answer not seeing your anatomy, and being able to discuss with you the sexual activity preferences you might be enjoying after potential surgery.

One thing for sure, anyone who promises you a "quick stitch" is not doing you a service.  There are perhaps only 2 dozen surgeons in the entire U.S. who have sufficient experience to tackle specialized projects like clitoral hood reconstruction after injury (sexual or otherwise...)

My recommendations:
1. Look around.  Be a good consumer.  Don't see anyone who offers you a "quick fix" or is relatively inexperienced.  By all means see someone who SPECIALIZES in this kind of work.You might need to travel!
2. Definitely see someone who is also comfortable talking about and can counsel you regarding sexual issues. Nothing at all wrong with consensual "rough sex" or self-pleasuring however you wish,but you need to be sure you're able to communicate honestly with your surgeon as to your desired activities after surgery, and whether this would in any way influence the repair your surgeon is contemplating.

Bestwishes!

Michael Goodman MD

Clitoral Hood Repair, Prepuce Repair, Frenulum Repair, Reconstructive Clitoroplasty

The clitoral hood, more than any other structure of the vulva, varies in shape and size from woman to woman. The most appropriate treatment option(s) depend on the unique characteristics of your anatomy. Nonetheless, you may find that even the best repair might not be strong enough to withstand aggressive handling of that area in the future. I have a video demonstrating the repair of a tear at the base of the clitoral hood which resulted from rough sex a few years before she came for surgery.