I want to know what is the best Breast Lift procedure for me? (photos)

I am looking for a specific look

Best Breast Lift Operation.

I believe your best option will be a full Wise-pattern (anchor) breast lift, which has the ability to beautifully shape your breasts in both horizontal and vertical dimensions, while also raising the position and reducing the size of your areolas. Your scars will be around the areolas, a usually faint vertical scar from each areola to each crease, and along each inframammary crease. 

Though your areolas will be smaller (you can choose size with your surgeon) and will have a scar around each one, the nipple/areola complexes are NOT detached (like a skin graft would) and therefore retain sensation (and function, if you choose to breastfeed another baby) about 85% of the time. You cannot be a smoker, use nicotine in any form, or be around second-hand smoke (dead skin or nipples).

Scars usually heal well, like the example found by clicking on the web reference link below, but they can occasionally be wide, thick, or keloid, so choosing the optimal design or type of breast lift as well as a skilled and technique-precise ABPS-certified plastic surgeon are critical to giving the best outcome. 

You cannot achieve the perioareolar-scar-only lift in your wish photo with your anatomy. You may also need a small implant on each side, though your own breast volume should be reduced only by about an ounce or ounce and a half of skin only on each side, so if your size in a bra is adequate now, a lift only without implants is all that would be required.

Some surgeons may try to get you to have more of your own tissue removed and replaced with implants, claiming that this provides a "longer-lasting" lift, or better upper pole fullness, but I believe this is incorrect. Why remove perfectly normal breast tissue in order to replace it with implants designed to simulate breast tissue? If you have enough breast volume in a bra, simply remove the excess skin and tighten up the existing breast volume you have (again, like the example).

Also, vertical breast lifts are recommended by some surgeons who seek to avoid the crease incisions and scars (in my opinion, the ones that usually "hide" the best), and instead are willing to accept funky shape at first (usually settles over time), often irregular or non-circular periareolar scars that can separate and leave widened scars, and a long vertical scar with pleating, puckering, and poor healing that often crosses the crease onto the chest wall skin. Yielding crappy scars, a medical term we all can understand. I am not a fan of vertical mastopexies, though in fairness, some do turn out well and look good. Just too few compared to the Wise-pattern (anchor) lifts that have a much higher good-result percentage, IMHO.

See several plastic surgeons, see their photos, and get comfortable with the plan before you decide. Cost should NOT be the most important factor. Nor speed. A precisely-performed, beautifully-sutured (all below the skin surface so no "railroad tracks" scarring) breast lift without implants should take about 3 hours. Sure, "slash and dash" surgeons can do this faster and staple a quick closure, but the results show. so beware. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I want to know what is the best Breast Lift procedure for me?

You can certainly have a breast lift procedure in which the size can be better matched with a reduction on one side.

Find the best breast lift procedure for you

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Hello dear, Thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you to achieve improved results, I would recommend you to have a breast lift with augmentation, it seems that you have more skin than breast tissue.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Preferred Breast Lift Procedure

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.

The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin.  A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures.  This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benelli.

The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.  Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast. This is the #NaturalBreastLIft or #CaliforniaBreastLift

What is the best breast lift for me?

Hello there!

And thank you for your question.  You do have a substantial amount of breast tissue along with some difference in size between the two breasts.  Which side do you prefer, size-wise?

It is certainly possible to reconfigure your breast tissue shape on the chest wall to achieve a full round, stable position and appearance.  In my hands, this would include the "anchor" design for removal of the excess skin due to the distance your breasts have dropped over time. I find that the scars heal beautifully and the final shape is also beautiful.

Good luck!

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Minimal scar breast lift with maximum projection without implants

Thank you for your question and helpful photos.

I couldn't help but notice that you posted one of my patient's results as your wish pic. I believe you are a perfect candidate for my procedure that does not require the ugly anchor/Wise patterned scar that eventually widens and allows the breast tissue to fall again. As you probably know, I secure your breasts to your chest muscles to provide long term results so your skin is NOT the only structure holding your breasts in place like standard techniques. Breasts are reshaped and repositioned high on the chest wall to create cleavage such as that of implants without the extra cost, maintenance, or complications associated with them. Attached is another example of what can now be achieved with more current breast lifting technology. I'm glad you like my results. Implants were not used in this video or your wish pic as others will have you believe. I never use implants with my lifts as I believe that they are unstable and cause more harm than good in the long run.

Kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a wise pattern breast lift.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

The best breast lift procedure.

The best breast lift for you will depend on the nipple position relative to the breast fold, and skin laxity. When the nipple has descended so far, the T pattern or full lift will be the most effective, and you might also consider an implant for upper fill and roundness to reach your goal.

I want to know what is the best Breast Lift procedure for me

To look like the last photo you posted, I believe that an anchor breast lift incision with an implant will be required in your case.

Julio Garcia, MD