Can you ask for something to help with the depression side effects while still taking Accutane?

I'm halfway through with my treatment (40mg, 2x a day) I noticed a change in my behavior and frankly don't care about pretty much anything, I'm also a full time college student and it's having an impact on my grades. I don't want to stop my treatment, but I'm afraid the depression will just get worse. Can accutane be taken with another prescription to make me focused again?

Mood concerns on isotretinoin

Your concern is a valid one. A psychiatrist is a physician that can evaluate you for mood disturbances, like depression or anxiety, and also prescribe medications. I generally insist that my patients with these symptoms consult with a psychiatrist throughout their isotretinoin treatment course. It is so important for not only acne treatment, but overall well-being, that mental health concerns are addressed in tandem. Best of luck. 

Chicago Dermatologist