Botox technique differs?

First time I had botox In April the trusts were perfect. Although the technician didn't say how many units I had 4 injections in my scalp area, 3 above each eyebrow, a few between my eye brows, 3 in each cheekbone area for my crows feet. Amazing results. Second time for botox in August no scalp area injections, none above the eyebrows, at least three injections in the middle of my forehead and three on each cheekbone. Disasterous results

Botox

The technique of botox injections along with the dilution of botox can vary between providers. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Botox Techniques and experience

I think it is important to understand that each physician may have techniques that vary. The dilution of the botox may be done differently and therefore the results. Anyone can put botox into the skin, the important part is knowing exactly where to place the product inorder to get a natural appearance desired look. Knowing the anatomy and studying the facial movements in one aspect of my evaluations.  Without knowing exactly where the botox was placed, my suspicion is that the first injector did your forhead as well, while the second injector focused on the your frown. When I am with my patients, I specifically ask them what their concerns are in order to address them. With that said, I also educate my patients so that they understand what botox can do for other areas of the face as well. 

Cheryl Perlis, MD, FACOG
Lake Bluff OB/GYN

Botox results

Botox injections are an art.  Each unit placement matters and those who trivialize it are not true aesthetic specialists.  It also takes experience to really learn the art of what Botox can and cannot do.  I suggest doing your due diligence and seek out the best qualified physicians.  Best of luck.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Injection Points Give The Results

Botox injections points matter for the results. I suggest going to the first person who treated you if you were happy with those results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox injections and results

There are many physicians who inject Botox but the expertise differs widely. It is both an art and a science. You bed to find a dermatologist who injects patients daily and for years. Best, Dr. Green

Different techniques of Botox injections

Thank you for the question. It is very important to choose an experienced Botox injector to achieve the best results. Many patients look for the cheapest doctors and get what they pay for. If you find an injector who gives you good results, you should stay with that doctor for future treatments. Fortunately, your bad results will wear off. Good luck.

Different Botox Technique

Thank you for your question.  Even though there seems to be a Botox provider on every street corner, not every injector has the same experience or technique.  I would recommend that you continue with the provider who gave you the results you were happy with, there is no reason to go somewhere else.  Always receive your BOTOX Cosmetic from an experienced physician.  Take Care!

Please visit the link below for more information on BOTOX Cosmetic

Best Regards,
Dr. John Serrao 

Botox technique

It is true that there are a number of different techniques to use to treat with Botox but if you have someone who treated you the way you like and got good results there is no reason to change

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox is customized

Each person has different facial muscles, and as such, each person needs Botox placed in different areas. It seems like the first injector put the Botox in the areas you needed, and the second injector missed the mark. I would recommend you return to discuss your concerns and consider sticking with one injector that can give you the result you desire every time. We employ an EMR with a picture of a face, allowing us to note the exact location of each injection so that any of the injectors in the office can give the patient an identical treatment even if they haven't seen them in the past.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox technique differs?

Thanks for your question. Yes, there are different ways to inject Botox and it will vary between injectors.  In my practice, we keep very good notes on the exact injection locations and amount of Botox injected so that we can replicate good outcomes every time a patient comes back for re-treatment. I suggest you find a physician injector whom you like and trust and sticking with them for every treatment, and maybe asking them to document your treatment such that they can repeat it the same every time.  Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon