Am I a good candidate to get my nose thinned? (photos)

Title says it all for the most part. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to have my nose thinned and have my nostrils be made more symmetrical? My nose is very wide and the nostrils aren't symmetrical at allZ Do you think I could achieve something like Justin Bieber's nose? Or similar at least? And to finish what would these procedures be called, what would be the estimated pricing and what scarring would there be, if any? And would it heal? Thanks.

The changes you describe can be achieved with revision rhinoplasty.If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I a Good Candidate to Get My Nose Thinned?

Rhinoplasty can be done to thin  a nose. With these limited pictures it is difficult to make specific recommendations. Your nose can be significantly improved but definition will be limited with your thick skin. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to establish reasonable goals.

Am I a good candidate to get my nose thinned.

Thank you for your questions.  It's so important to choose the correct doctor.  Do your research and select an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon who will work with you the achieve the best result.  Best of Luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing a Wide nose, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To narrow wide nasal bones requires osteotomies placed in them. This will accomplish narrowing the  upper two thirds of the nose. To narrow a wide and bulbous nasal tip requires suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal. The nostrils can be made more symmetrical, but not perfect.  for more information, many before-and-after results and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

How to correct a wide, thick nose.

Thanks for the question.  Although the pictures provided are somewhat limited, is does appear you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  An exam by a board-certified plastic surgeon would allow for a plan to address the areas of concern with your nose.  Reshaping the nose involves changing the inner bony cartilaginous framework to change the external appearance of the nose.  The nostril asymmetry can also be addressed at the time of the rhinoplasty.  Rhinoplasties tend to have minimal issues with healing and the scarring is not an issue.  Most of the incisions are internal and will not be visible on the external nose.

Thin nose

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. From what I can tell in your photos, you would benefit from an open rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and an alarplasty to even out and reduce the nostril size. If your doctor performs an open rhinoplasty you will have a small incision/scar on the area of the nose that separates the nostrils, this fades over time and can also be treated with lasers and creams to further reduce the scars appearance. The scars with an alarplasty will either be on the inside or outside of the nostrils. The pricing depends on the area you are in and the surgeon, the realself average for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000 and $8,000 and the average cost of an alarplasty is between $3,000-$5,000. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Nose Thinning

The only time the skin of the nose is thinned is when it has sebaceous overgrowth (Rhinophyma). You do not have this. You probably have redundant cartilage in the tip of your nose. This can be improved with a rhinoplasty. If you have a blunted tip, you may benefit from a tip graft. From your limited photos it is hard to tell. No one can get someone else's nose (Justin Bieber). Yes, yours can be improved. I would see someone who is well versed and has a lot of experience in rhinoplasty 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Nose Thinning

From the pictures provided, it is not easy to say exactly what needs to be done in order to achieve the appearance you'd like.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience, who can evaluate the nose from all angles (including the inside) to come up with a great plan for you.  Some offices also have computer simulation capabilities (we have the Vectra system) to allow you to visualize what your new nose may look like.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Rhinoplasty candidate to thin nose?

It is difficult to tell from the pictures you provided exactly how your nose looks in relation to the rest of your face. From what I can see you do have thick skin. A profile view would be valuable.  Rhinoplasty involves modifying the skeletal components (bone and cartilage) and having the skin adapt to the new framework. Noses can definitely be thinned by narrowing the framework. However, nothing can be done to the skin itself. My guess is that you need more tip projection among other things. This can be accomplished with grafting techniques. I suggest making an appointment with a plastic surgeon, who can tell you what can and can not be accomplished after examining you in person. 

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon