Would Vaginal Rejuvination help me?

My husband and I have a son. We have been together five years. My husband is very well endowed.. And even though I'm only 21 I feel like I'm way too loose down there. Would this help?

Relief with Vaginal Rejuvenation

Hello Snowbunni13,Thank you for sharing your question. The concerns you expressed are quite common after childbirth. Yes there are many means to accomplish vaginal rejuvenation (tightening) surgically and non-surgically. I have always recommended to await any surgical interventions until you are finished with childbearing in that future pregnancies can and in many cases does "undo" the previous surgical repair leading to the need to have it done again. However this does not mean you should suffer in silence thus the myriad of non-surgical laser based treatments are very good to help you with your concerns. They are effective, painless, require practically no down time and can be done on an ongoing basis, when desired, for maintenance. A word of caution if you should choose a surgical approach; over tightening can in some instances have an opposite effect when ones partner is "well endowed" and lead to very painful and unsatisfactory intercourse. Be well.

Greenville Physician

Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

You are a prime candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation for the enhancement of sexual gratification. The procedure will effectively enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters and build up the perineal body. Our goal is to restore you to a point where you are post virginal and pre-childbearing.I recommend a consultation in order to receive detailed information as well as a personalized quote.

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Hi Snow Bunni!This is the exact reason most of our patients come in for ThermiVA.  I haven't examined you (my female staff does examination and treatment) but it sounds like this would be a good way to go.  Please see the video below.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Vaginal rejuvenation for a 21 year old

It is important to know if further pregnancies are planned.  An exam to assess current laxity / support of the vaginal tissues is critical.  Several CO2 laser procedures or radio frequency treatments are capable of tightening both vaginal and labial tissues in a nonsurgical fashion.  Timing is everything!

Mitchell C. Kaye, MD, FACS
Scottsdale Urologist

Vaginal rejuvenation

Thanks for your question.  The looseness you are experiencing is very common after pregnancy.  The baby puts pressure on your pelvis and that can lead to separation and loosening of the muscles and connective tissues that give your vagina its support.  Fortunately, there are several options to regain the tone you would like. Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure that brings the muscles around the vagina back to their original positions.  You may also be a candidate for non-surgical vaginal tightening like ThermiVa.  ThermiVa is a painless in office procedure that uses radiofrequency to shrink the vaginal tissues.  Consider scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon who offers vaginal rejuvenation.  He or she can talk about what would work best for you.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Would Vaginal Rejuviation help me feel less loose down there?

The purpose for VR surgery or office procedures such as Thermiva are to help with vaginal laxity or looseness.  If you are experiencing this then evaluation for surgery or office procedures is a good idea.  You mention that your husband is very well endowed.  I have had to perform surgery for patients who had well endowed partners and then later smaller partners.  If you notice the laxity as the result of childbirth related to the tightness you feel during sex with your husband then get consultation.  If you just feel loose it may be related to not just having a baby but also your husband's size.  If you have symptoms of bladder leakage or having to touch your vagina to have bowel movements or a sense of pelvic pressure then you may have pelvic organ prolapse.  Evaluation by a Urogynecologist or specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery is advised.  Good luck.

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for your inquiry!  There are basically two methods of vaginal tightening; surgical and nonsurgical.  Inasmuch as you are 21 yrs old, a surgical procedure would be best if you either are completed in your childbearing years or if you will be having c-sections to deliver your future children.  The surgery is more involved in the technique and in the recovery but may well give you an excellent result. Nonsurgical procedures may be a good option for you as well. Typically it appears the Femilift C02 (fractional) laser treatments are quite well received by patients and are affording very nice results. It is going to require three treatments and can be done with little or no down time as well.   I hope this helps!

Scott MGulinsonMD
Obgyn and Cosmetic Vulvovaginal surgeon
Glendale, AZ

Vaginal rejuvenation

If you are done having children you may be a good candidate for vaginal rejuvenation. However, if you plan to have more children, I recommend waiting to have surgery until you are done growing your family. Without examining you in person it is difficult to give you specific surgical recommendations. In my practice I only perform surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures as the results are better and longer lasting than non-surgical procedures. Your next step should be to consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in vaginal rejuvenation procedures. He or she will perform an examination and tell you exactly what they recommend to give you the results you want. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Vaginal rejuvenation with CO2 laser

Hi, it is not unusual to feel as you do after one child.  But since you are very young, I would avoid a traditional surgical Vaginoplasty.  I am getting great results with CO2RE Intima (CO2 laser), for vaginal laxity for patients similar to you.  The laser gives you an option to tighten inside, but also correct any discoloration issues you may have on the outside.  The best part is that the down time s about 4-7 days based on treatment.  It's longevity is not proven.  But my guess is that every 1-3 years, you nay need a maintenance treatment.  I hope this helps!

Vaginal tightening

You are not alone in your concerns.  I see women of all ages with very similar issues. If you are considering having more children than I would not recommend surgical tightening at this time. Another alternative to consider would be in office tightening with Thermiva.  The advantage of this procedure is that there it is painless and does not require any downtime. It does however, require maintenance treatments on average once a year. A thorough exam by an experienced Urogynecologist or gynecologist that does a lot of these procedures is key.  Best wishes.