Are my expectations unrealistic? Can I have a successful breast enlargement and my nipple asymmetry in one procedure? (Photo)

I'm nervous the surgeon won't notice or find a solution for my uneven inframmary folds/uneven nipples. I don't need them to be perfect. I don't want surgeon to convince me to not bother about my built in differences and to go ahead with just an enlargement. Is my asymmetry really bad? Would it be possible to improve where my nipples point and do an enlargement all in the same procedure? My 1st consultation is in a week. I want to be a c cup and nipples to not be cross eyed! Is that realistic?

Are my expectations unrealistic? Can I have a successful breast enlargement and my nipple asymmetry in one procedure?

All women have asymmetric breasts and yours are anatomically normal pretty breasts. I would not attempt to correct nipple areola asymmetry because that would put a scar on a very normal looking breast.

The inframammary crease asymmetry can be corrected during surgery with a shelf stitch described by Dr Hammond of Michigan.

Once the inframammary crease on the right is lifted I would place a saline sizer into the left breast and see if a slightly larger implant on the left would improve symmetry-if so i would use a larger implant. However sometimes a larger implant on the smaller higher breast can lift the breast further worsening the asymmetry. Thus testing with a sizer intra op is necessary.

Find a very experienced ethical board certified plastic surgeon who does cosmetic breast surgery weekly and can show you his or her asymmetry results photos.

You are starting with normal pretty breasts-you want them better, not scarred and worse. Take time see more than one good surgeon.

For more on breast asymmetry please see blog below.

Asymmetry

All women have differences between your breasts.  The IMF asymmetry can be addressed by simply lowering the higher fold.  I would suggest not trying to move the nipple position as this could leave visible scars and stretching of the areola.

John Burns, MD

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have small breast.
In this regard, i recommend a breast augmentation with microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 300ml-500ml to fill the breasts properly with different volumes of each side (bigger in the left breast) to correct the breasts asymmetry you have.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breasts augmentation and asymmetries correction

Dear Byvieta,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, the following is noticed :
  1. Small A cup with right breast bigger that left breast. Easy to improve with different amount of saline  in each implant, though , perfect match is difficult. We have a say -  "breasts are sisters not twins"... 
  2. Right nipple areola complex is lower and displaced laterally in comparison to left breast. Easy to improve with mini lift (donut) on the right breast. That procedure, done at the same time as breasts augmentation, will raise the nipple and position it more medially.
  3. The right fold is lower than the left one. Easy to improve by lowering the left crease , to match the right side. That will raise the nipple further, so the mini lift on the right side will have to be adjusted appropriately.
 4 . If you are currently 34 small A cup and would like to be 36 C cup ( goal picture. Unfortunately the nipple are still noticeably asymmetric ), you will need implants with volume of , roughly, 450 cc on the left side and 425 cc on the right side.
   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that the are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                             Dr Widder

You do have some breast asymmetry with the left inframammary fold higher than the right and the nipple on the right is a bit lower. These differences are not uncommon and I have traetem them in conjunction with breast augmentation. They do need to be attended to, otherwise your result will be less than optimal.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast simmetry

Thanks for your question, asymmetry in breasts as you may know is very common, I think a board certified surgeon could improve your breast appearance by using different volume silicone implants and lowering your left breast fold. Regards.

Kemil Issa, MD

Breast Augmentation & Nipple Asymmetry

Every women has a bit of breast asymmetry. Although it's possible that your concerns could be addressed with a breast augmentation alone, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. This is the kind of question that really can only be answered with an in person consultation.  

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast asymmetry

Everyone is assymetric. Chasing folds that are different may cause a double bubble as the lowering of a fold can sometimes create this.  Nipple asymmetry in this case may be best treated once the implants settle.

Breast asymmetry and implants

Thank you for asking about your  breast augmentation.

• Every woman has asymmetric breasts - yours are somewhat more asymmetric than average.
  • One breast is larger, lies lower and the nipple appears more lateral (to the side.
  • The other breast is smaller, higher, with a higher nipple and less lateral position.
  • Breast augmentation can make the breasts larger and more equal in size.
  • It cannot change the other asymmetries.
  • Nipple position and breast folds can be changed - but an in person consultation is needed to understand the options that you have.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Surgery

Hello Dear, thanks for the question and pictures. I suggest you to get a consultation with a boar certified plastic surgeon. Do not worry, there's a solution to your problem.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD