I have a dark indian skin. Can you please recommend which chemical peel can be done at home?

have a dark indian skin. And I have hyperpigmentation on both my cheeks. Can u please recommend which chemical peel can be done at home

Thanks for your query. Dark skins have an advantage that they can take peels really well. At home you can only go in for mild peels like lactic or Kojic as they are mild peels. My advice to you is to visit your dermatologist and get a deep peel done as it will give you more benefit in less time and you can have a smooth and glowing skin. Getting a peel done from a dermatologist is always advisable as there are less chance of burns and Pih. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Weak peels, use creams

Hyper pigmentation can be due to sun damage, hormones, PIH, acne, AN, and many other disorders, a specific treatment is needed, rather than a 'peel'. Once a diagnosis is obtained, one can advise you on the correct procedure. Most often a bleaching cream is required, along with a peel- if you have darker skin types. See a specialist for advice. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist