Would I benefit from tip refining rhinoplasty? (Photos)

Hello, I was wondering if I would benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty surgery. I want a thinner, more feminine nose and less of a hook nose when I smile. Would a tip refining rhinoplasty fix this? Also recommendations to doctors in the Boston area would be greatly appreciated!

Would I benefit from tip refining rhinoplasty?

You appear to be a good candidate for a full rhinoplasty to reshape your tip as well as your profile.  A tip rhinoplasty alone would be an adequate in my opinion.  Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to review photographs of other patients similar to yourself and to be examined.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Refining nasal tip.

You may be a candidate for refinement of your nasal tip as noted in your edited photos.  An in person examination would be needed to evaluate the thickness of your nasal skin, especially at the tip, and the shape and strength of your nasal cartilage.  By careful trimming and suture shaping of the tip cartilage, your nasal tip can be made more refined.  To thin your nose would require gentle repositioning of the nasal bones.  See a board certified plastic surgeon who can best inform you after an examination.  Best wishes.

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip refinement

You may need more than a tip refinement procedure. It is best to be evaluated in person. Good luck..

A full rhinoplasty, not a tip rhinoplasty is required to narrow the nose. The dorsal hump is a component that needs to be shaved down from the side profile.  Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones accomplish narrowing the upper two thirds of the nose to make sure it's balanced with the new tip. The bulbous tip is  refined with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best recommendations. The key in Rhinoplasty is finding facial harmony. Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with shaving down excess cartilage or bone from the bridge. The combination of the two should help reduce the projection of your nose and shape/size of the tip. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip Refinement

By the pictures you provided, it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty.  There are several factors that will need to be taken into account, such as how thick your overlying skin is and how well you can breathe through your nose.  I would recommend finding a board-certified specialist and having an open discussion with them regarding your goals for the procedure.  This is important to achieve a natural-looking result while maintaining function.

Good Luck!

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi thanks to share your pic.You do have a bulbous tip .definitely you will benefit from cephalic trim and tip refinement to achieve a feminine nose. while undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure please do get corrected in a manner that it balances with rest of your facial features.do consult a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon and  discuss in detail all your concerns and have a realistic expectation  and then  plan your procedure.

Rhinoplasty options

thank you for the question photos.   If you would like a more defined nasal tip and nasal width  A rhinoplasty would be indicated.  A tip rhinoplasty would indicate only the tip of the nose would be thinned. If you would like the middle third of your nose also narrowed down a full rhinoplasty would be needed.

Good luck with your nose shaping journey

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD