Bilateral, Symmetrical, Oval Fat Deposits at Joints -- with flappy underarms and thighs. What procedures for permanent removal?
1 year ago
Appeared after gaining 20# (110# to 130#). Locations: 1 @ each outer wrist, 3 @ each ankle, 3 @ each knee. They don't reduce/tone with diet/exercise. Then developed flappy underarms and thighs, despite rigorous workouts. Please advise which tests to have, and what is the best removal process? Would surgical excision for Oval Fat Deposits, and RF for arms and thighs work? Would RF work on oval deposits? Arms and thighs treatment? Liposuction? Lasar? Please refer Baltimore doctors requested.
Doctor Answers 2
I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. After an examination, the surgeon will be able to discuss your options.
Thank you for asking about your fat deposits.
- Without a photo at least, and exam ideally, specific advice is hard to give for this.
- Loose skin usually needs to be surgically removed.
- Fat deposits need liposuction or if small, Kybella injections.
- Office treatments improvement is 20% at best.
- I suggest you find a plastic surgeon near you, via the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- All members will be Board Certified.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.