My cheek is swollen from injection. Is this normal?

I had Voluma injected in both cheeks about 2 months ago, looks great until this morning. I got up and my left cheek is real white looking and swollen up and lumpy looking. Is the Voluma dissolving and moving around or what do you think..

This is not typical of a Voluma injection.  I would  return to your plastic surgeon to discuss after he or she examines the area.

Swelling in cheek

The symptoms you are describing are not typical from a Voluma injection from 2 months prior.  I would visit with a dermatologist to discuss the situation.  

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma Moving Two Months Later

I'm not sure what is happening in your cheeks, but I am very sure that two months out from treatment, it's not the Voluma causing the problem.

I would seek care from a dermatologist as soon as possible.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Voluma and swelling

Voluma should not cause the swelling you note at 2 months out. Voluma should only be administered by a board certified dermatologist. Good results can be seen when performed by the right physician. I would suggest discussing your issue with board certified dermatologist immediately and at the time of a visit.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling 2 month post Voluma treatment

This is not the norm. Consult with your injector as soon as possible as he or she understands the scope of the treatment the best. Voluma should only performed by an experienced and expert physician injector.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

2 months

I would call your doctor and asked to be seen today. Voluma does not move around after 2 months. You may be developing an infection or a granuloma--area of scar tissue around the product.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Change in area of Voluma injection after 2 months

This is not the norm. I would discuss with your doctor. Sometimes, it just you realizing something that was always there. Other times, it could mean an infection or granuloma. Needs to be seen.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Swollen cheek 2 months after Voluma

The Voluma would not be moving around 2 months after the treatment to your cheeks.  It is difficult to know what might be causing the swelling and color change on your left cheek without examining you.  I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you so that you can be evaluated in person.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon