Considering a thigh lift and tummy tuck. Trying to get really close to my goal weight/fat. Will this improve my outcome? (photo)

Can I expect good results now or should I reach my goal weight/fat first? I am currently 163 pounds and 27% fat, with a goal of 150-155 pounds and 22-27% fat. My current concern is my abs-after being close to 300 pounds and having 2 really large babies, I have done all sorts of ab/core work and I still have a big protruding belly and it's hard to contract my abs-it's as though they are absent. Also, since I'm considering two areas (thighs & belly), which is typically done first?

Goal weight before surgery

Thank you for your question.  Although you are likely to have a good result now, your aesthetic result will be improved if you are closer to your goal weight.  I'd start with a tummy tuck with liposuction, followed by a thigh lift later as it's usually associated with a bit more pain.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Considering a thigh lift and tummy tuck

Thank you for sharing your questions and photograph and congratulations on such an impressive weight loss.  At this point you are within 10% of your ideal body weight and are a candidate for surgery now.  I would recommend a fully tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist for the greatest degree of improvement and a thigh lift could be performed at the same time if you wish.  Hope this helps. 

Thigh Lift and Tummy Tuck

Hi tjackson39
Congratulations on the weight loss!  It is always optimal to reach your goal weight before surgery however, it isnot the end of the world if you don't.  What I would recommend with the tummy tuck, is liposuction, together with the abdominal muscle repair, it will restore the ab contour you are looking for.  I routinely perform the tummy tuck together with the thigh lift, this is beneficial for various reasons, including the one session of general anaesthesia and one recovery period. All the best!

Tummy tuck and thigh lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. It is always a good idea to try to get to your goal weight prior to surgery.  Having said that you look ok to go now.
You can get the tummy tuck and thigh lift together. When you consult you may also want to find out about a lower body lift which you may want (can't tell without more photos )
Good luck. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and thigh lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. Thigh lift can be performed at the same time. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD