Mild Nausea and Diarrhea 9 Days After Breast Augmentation. No Fever?

Hi, I'm 9 days post revision surgery for cc and I am experiencing mild nausea and diarrhea. Im worried about a drug interaction as the cause. My PS prescribed meloxicam daily for 5 days following surgery. I resumed taking my usual medication, hydrochlorothiazide, on the second day after surgery (for idiopathic hypercalciuria). . Could the nausea and diarrhea be related to that or is it normal to experience these symptoms after revision surgery (a lot of scar tissue was removed). Thank you.

Nausea and diarrhea after surgery

If you are experiencing mild nausea and diarrhea 9 days after surgery it is most likely due to your antibiotics.   Ask  your plastic surgeon if you can start on a probiotic to recolonize your intestines with good bacteria.    

Nausea and Diarrhea 9 days after surgery?

Hello and thank you for your question.

Nausea/Diarrhea is not normal or expected 9 days after surgery.  This would not be related to a revision or any scar tissue removal.  I would consult with your primary care doctor if the problem continues.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Talk to your surgeon

Usually nausea and diarrhea are caused by antibiotics. You should call your surgeon and report your problems just in case.

Nausea and diarrhea after breast augmentation

Usually diarrhea is from the antibiotics but it may not. It is best to be seen by your surgeon to discuss this in more detail.