Will I get creases after an 8 hour car ride?

I'm having full abdomen lipo and thighs. I have a wedding two weeks after that is a 8 hour drive away. I planned on getting out every hour, etc. but suddenly realized can I get creases?? My other option is to fly (1.5 hour flight), but I had a group of people counting on me to drive with them.

Post liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

You should have no long term effects from an eight hour car ride. It will definitely be a good idea to get out and walk around. I suggest starting venus legacy treatments one week post-liposuction to reduce swelling. Massage, RF treatments and hyperbaric oxygen will also help. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - will a long car drive make creases?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.Given our current understanding of tissue healing, riding in a car for 8 hours while getting out every hour to walk, should not create creases in your liposuction result. Enjoy the wedding!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Garment creases after liposuction

Sitting in a specific position for a prolonged time may cause minor indentations and creases as the swollen tissue is compressed. These are minor and won't affect your ultimate appearance. Your plan to get out of the car on a frequent basis is great.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question.  Though you are likely to develop small indentations as a result of the swelling and excess fluid present in your tissues these are not permanent and would not affect your long-term result.  If you do elect to drive it would be best to get out frequently to promote blood circulation and movement in your legs.  Hope this helps.

It's possible

Yes it is possible to get creases and folds in the early postoperative period from prolonged sitting while driving or being driven. Share the ride if you can and visit rest stops frequently.