Should I still be feeling this sensitive after 3 weeks I can hardly bring myself to touch them?

I am 3 weeks today after having my breast opp . I've had 255cc under the muscular . I am also having to wear a chest strap . I am still feeling very sore not so much under the breast where the stitches are but all over the breast more like a nerve pain . Should I be feeling this sensitive after 3 weeks I can hardly bring my self to touch them

Pain

Thank you for the question.  What you are describing is not uncommon and your situation should get better within the next few weeks.  Best to follow up closely with your board-certified plastic surgeon with any discomfort you're having.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

In my experience, this can be very normal even at 3 weeks after breast augmentation.  It really varies with each patient, the size of the breast, the "tightness" of their skin before surgery, and the size of the implant utilized in surgery.  I have all my patient routinely performing "implant displacement" exercises which I find helps getting the implant moving in the pocket multiple times a day.  Ask your plastic surgeon about implant displacement exercises in addition to the chest strap.  It will get better.  Good luck!

Post op pain

I am so sorry that you are so uncomfortable. Everyone heals differently. Hang in there. Things should begin to get better at about the 6-8 week mark. Make sure to let your surgeon know what's going on. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery! After an augmentation the nerves of the skin are stretched as a result of swelling and the increased volume of the implants. This stretching irritates the nerves which can cause a number of different nipple and breast skin sensations including increased/decreased sensitivity or a burning/electrical feeling. These normally resolve spontaneously given enough time. It should settle down within 6-8 weeks of surgery. Hang in there and be sure to mention these issues to your surgeon during your post-operative appointments, if severe enough nerve medication may be a good option to improve your symptoms.

Not common but it's possible

One of the things that causes the breasts to be very sensitive after augmentation is the stretching that the implant is exerting on the skin and muscles.  If my patient were experiencing this at 3 weeks I would want to see them to make sure that there is no serious issue causing it such as infection or bleeding around the implant.