I have bulging on my nose. What can I do? (photo)

Bulge on nose

I would recommend that you see a dermatologist in your area.  Your dermatologist will do a full history and physical examination.  Based on that, you may need a biopsy.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Growth on nose

I would recommend a thorough examination and possible biopsy depending on the exam. Good luck. Best, DR H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Growth on nose

The growth of a bump on the nose should be examined and biopsied based on the history and physical examination findings. If the bump is relatively recent biopsy is definitely in order. If the biopsy reveals that the bump should be removed then MOHs excision is the best method in order to preserve the most skin in the area.  

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have bulging on my nose. What can I do? - See a Dermatologist soon!

Dear MZubia,
Thanks for your question.
I think it is important for you to go see a Dermatologist in your area to have that area examined and possibly biopsied.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose

The bump appears to be something in the skin.
You should see a plastic surgeon or dermatologist, soon.
This raised lesion, with what looks like, pearly borders and telangiectasia (little spidery vessels) could be a basal cell epithelioma. You should have a biopsy, if the consultation confirms my suspicion.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

In person exam is essential. Once you're examined by a Board Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty- a detailed surgical plan will be outlined to you.

Bulging on my nose

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Bulge on nose

That's a tough one to answer over the internet.  It really needs to be seen in person.  That is the best way to approach getting an answer.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD