6.5 months post-op Mommy Makeover; concerned about swelling. Any thoughts? (Photo)

Doctors, overall I am pretty happy with my resutls. I am concerned with the left side of my wasit. It is not the same as the other side. I don't known it if that is still swelling or not?. Also, my seems to be a little puffy above and below my belly bottom. I do not wear my compression garment during the day, but undo wear it most nights. I also still feel some pain around my upper rid area. Any thoughts? I keep my diet pretty clean and do 20 - 40 mins cardio a day with light circuit training .

6.5 Months Post-Op Mommy Makeover; Concerned About Swelling

It may be best to further discuss your #concern with your plastic surgeon. Your plastic surgeon may be able to provide the details of the surgical #techniques applied to your procedure. Typically, it's recommended to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a #revision and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. Another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

See your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you.

Good luck!

Mommy make-over - tummy tuck an issue after six months

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • Your photo shows the swelling on your flanks.
  • It is probably at this point a little excess fat, or loose skin or both.
  • See your surgeon in follow up and discuss when it is reasonable to do a small liposuction touch up -
  • Waiting another 3 months may help - persistent rib pain suggests you might still be a bit swollen.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

6.5 months post-op Mommy Makeover; concerned about swelling. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place, but possibilities include a residual fluid collection, scar tissue, dog-ear, or residual adipose tissue.  Much of your swelling from surgery should have resolved.  I would voice your concerns to your surgeon so that they can examine you to determine the cause of the appearance and offer you treatment options.

Tummy tuck

I think a liposuction would correct the asymmetry on the right side, unlikely that you have much swelling this far postop.  Jane

Dr derby

After 6 months there is not a lot more swelling in the post op area , so i suspect that this might be a fat pocket or some scar tissue. It is best to discuss this with your doctor to see what he/she feels. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck and sources of "bulging"

Thank you for the question and photos. Tummy tuck bulging can be caused by any number of factors including:
-excess fat
-loose abdominal muscles
-swelling
-seroma/pseudobursa

I suspect that excess fat and perhaps swelling are the culprits, however, an in depth exam and discussion would need to take place to make sure that that is the case.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

6.5 months after Mommy makeover

This could be residual fat but more likely some scar tissue and a little fat. Usually by 6 months there is very little remaining swelling but reports have shown swelling for up to 9 months. If there is no fluid pockets present, which your doctor would have told you, this may need more massage and if still present in 6 months, possibly a little liposuction to even it out. I would ask your doctor what they think about it and if massage or any additional treatments would be helpful. I like Vaser shape to help smooth out irregular areas, but some patients have seen improvement with massage alone.  

W. John Bull, MD