6.5 months Mommy Makeover Post Op Tummy Not Flat. Any suggestions? (photos)

My stomach is not flat. Seems to be puffy above my belly button, goes in then puffs out lower abdomen area. Where it goes in seems to be where my compression vest hits above my belly bottom. Might be from that? Have done massages sessions. Should I keep up with that or more Lipo? After going through all the pain I want a flat tummy :(

Recovery isn’t complete yet. Be patient and focus on healthy lifestyle.

I’m sure the almost 7 months since your surgery feels like an eternity, but it can take a full year for the swelling to fully dissipate after a tummy tuck. So, be patient and reevaluate your satisfaction after the 1-year mark. In the meantime, focus on eating a healthy diet and exercising, specifically with core-strengthening exercises that will help to further flatten your tummy. I suspect that lifestyle choices in combination with continued healing will give you the flat abdomen you desire, although liposuction could be an option in the future to target any stubborn belly fat and fine-tune your mommy makeover results. Best of luck to you.   

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you.

Good luck!

Post-Op Mommy Makeover Healing

Considering the amount of time that you mention, this would definitely be an issue to take directly to your surgeon considering any concerns. If you are still swollen or in pain, then an in-person evaluation would be best so that you can get your surgeon's advice on anything that needs to be done from here. 

Tummy tuck - tummy not flat

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • First see your plastic surgeon to be sure the muscle repair is still good.
  • The natural abdominal contour is slight convexity (curve) above the belly button.
  • At times, the appearance is from fat that can be removed with liposuction.
  • Discuss this with your surgeon when you see her/him.
  • Some patients insist the garment contributes to the problem - see what happens without it.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

6.5 months Mommy Makeover Post Op Tummy Not Flat. Any suggestions?

Without all views of both  pre-op and post-op photos- it's difficult to comment accurately. You do appear to have some convexity that can not be fully addressed by an abdominoplasty. Healthy lifestyle, i.e. healthy diet and exercise, will help

Dr derby

It looks very good to me for 6.5 months out, if you want it even flatter you might think about some specific exercises to help the muscles to strengthen more. It is also good to talk to your surgeon as well. Best of luck   

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Just remember that it can take a good year for ALL of the swelling to resolve so your results may still improve. Best to wait a full year and if you feel you need additional contouring at that time, discuss additional liposuction with your operating surgeon.