11 months Post Op Mommy Makeover - Constant Hip and Lower Back Pain? (Photo)

Almost one year post op tummy tuck, lipo on hip and flanks, breast lift and implants. My groin area, hips and lower Back are in constant pain. I feel so stiff and sore always. Muslces are so tight. Got a massage this evening and I am so tender to the touch. My stomach feels so hard and is still tender but I expect that. Any suggestions to my soreness would be so appreciated. My hips and groin are just so tight. I will be seeing my doctor in February.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon so he/she can evaluate you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Pain after Mommy Makeover

I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable.  This degree of soreness is not typical this far out from surgery.  I would contact your surgeon for an appointment..  An in person evaluation should be done to help discover the reason behind your discomfort.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Constant muscle pain after mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your back pain after your mommy make-over.

• Every person is different but low back muscle pain is not common this long after surgery.
  • I suggest you do two things -
  • Contact your surgeon to see if you can be seen sooner.
  • And see your regular doctor for assessment and referral, e.g. to physical therapy. 
  • You may have another condition causing the back pain.
  • But if it is muscle spasm, stretching the muscles is essential and should be professionally guided when it is this severe.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pain after tummy tuck

Thank you very much for your question.  I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain.  The pain  you are describing is not very common one year after tummy tuck. I recommend to get an evaluation by your primary doctor as well as your plastic surgeon to investigate the source of your pain. You may consider a pain specialist as well. Hope you get better soon. 

Tummy tuck pain

Thanks for your inquiry,  I would say it is not normal to have significant pain a year after surgery.  Some of your pain may not be related to the tummy tuck, best to see your surgeon and your primary care doctor to discuss and best of luck.  

Pain after Tummy Tuck

Soreness, tightness, and pain should be resolved one year after body contouring surgery. I would recommend an evaluation by your primary care provider to rule out another cause, in addition to a follow up and exam by your plastic surgeon.