Can midface lift help shortening the elongated upper lift(moustache area)?

Midface Lift

Thank you for your question. Yes, at times, this can be successful at lifting that area, but no always. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does these surgeries. I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

The short answer is: not much. The only procedure to address a long upper lip is a direct lip lift via a well-hidden incision beneath the nose. Addressing the lip is routinely a part of facial rejuvenation at our practice. Sometimes this means shortening the lip, rotating the corners up slightly, augmenting the lip volume, rolling out the vermillion, or a combination of the above procedures.

-CDK

What can an endoscopic mid facelift do?

A mid facelift is generally performed endoscopically through two discrete incisions hidden within the hairline and two with in the mouth. It is also known as a subperiosteal facelift as well as a cheek lift. It basically elevates and treats the sagging soft tissue located between the eyelid and the corner of the mouth. Through added specialized maneuvers, I can generally elevate the tail of the eyebrow as well as change the cant of the lower lid (to make it more of an almond shaped eye). Additionally, one can influence the height of the lower lip and slightly reduce the jowl region. The net effect is a more glamorous look with a youthful augmented cheek with less soft tissue sagging and a more heart-shaped, shorter face. All in all, a lot can be accomplished with hidden scars.!It can subtly elevate the corners of the mouth and the upper lip but the effect is minor to say the least. However, I have noted that the effects of an upper lip lift is augmented when performed in conjunction with the mid facelift. The scars

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS