Any suggestions on a good tummy tuck doctor in Dominican Republic or Colombia?

Iam 24 with 2 kids i need to get my body back !!! HAD TWO C-SECTIONS and after my last baby a year ago my weigh got crazy .I already got a lipo done like 3 years ago dinero gastado i went to la vega en dr and she was full of shit ,so now iam looking for a good doctor i have spoke to couple already but can't decide i want to get tummy tuck lipo and arms ,but i want a good doctor some are not so good at doing tummy helps girls?

There have been a number of articles documenting a significant number of TT patients returning from the DR with lift threatening mycobacteria infections that required months of specialized medical care and hundreds of thousands of dollars of expenses.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question . There are a lot of great DR doctors here on the real self site , you can us inquiries and then you can see where you feel most comfortable. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Safety first

Thank you for your question.I would highly recommend that you have your surgery done in the US by a board certified plastic surgeon. This will reduce your chance of complications and health risks. If you go to a doctor in a developing country such as the Dominican Republic, the quality of care and medical standards are a lot lower. If you develop some type of complication after surgery you may not be able to travel all the way back to be examined by your original plastic surgeon. If cost is the driving factor, I would ask during the consultations in your area about payment plans. Most practices offer these through companies like Care Credit. These are just some things to think about when making your decision.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Medical Tourism

Have your surgery done here. The best surgeons are in America and in NY there are lots of us. It is not uncommon to have minor problems after surgery == if you are near your Dr it can easily be taken care of. If your doctor is 1000 miles away who will take care of you. Here you know your doctor and there credentials, in the DR you can only pray. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon