Moms surgery on neck, 1 week post-op, concerned that it's very red. Is it healing properly or infected? (photos)

It is one week post op for precancerous freckle I had removed. I've followed all instructions for after care including anti biotic. I'm concerned that it is red like this. Husband has been handling the care and says it's healing. Steri strips all off already and he says stitches are already appearing to fade. Is this something I should have checked

Redness following mohs

Redness following any surgery, Mohs included, may indicate infection or dermatitis but needs to be evaluated by your surgeon. 

I recommend you to discuss specific issues regarding your questions with your dermatologist. 

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgical wound

It would be best to have the doctor that operated the site look at the wound in person.  Signs of infection can be pain, redness, foul smell, or secretions.  Redness can also occur at surgical sites as part of normal healing or around sutures, therefore it would be best to have the wound evaluated in person.   

Jennifer Rullan, MD
Chula Vista Dermatologic Surgeon