Location for a laser specialist who works on ethnic skin near my area 10940 New York.

I now have deep large pores on both cheeks and my nose. In addition, I have a slight amount of scars 1-4. I would like to get rid of everything and have my face smooth or at least appear to be smooth. I however, am not sure on which laser surgeon to look for and what procedure to ask for my face. Laser resurfacing, Co2. I am Colombian my skin is brown and it also gets oily at times. Is there a doctor here that has worked on ethnic skin tone and what procedure should I get?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Laser for ethnic skin

Thank you for asking this very important question.  

As an ethic skin care specialist and a physician with a similar skin tone as you, it is extremely important to seek proper treatment from a board certified physician who has a vast knowledge of ethnic skin.  Based on your photos, you are not a candidate for CO2 laser.  The appropriate treatment for you is Laser Genesis. It is a Non-Ablative laser that stimulates collagen growth, destroys the oil producing centers of the sebaceous glands, reduces pore size, helps eliminate acne scarring and kills bacteria without harming the surrounding skin. An average of three to five treatments are necessary, spaced three to four weeks apart to achieve optimal results. 

We are located in Manhattan. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions you might have.

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. In your research for a surgeon, please always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. It is important that you evaluate a surgeon based on their training/education, years of experience, number of laser treatments performed per year, patient testimonials and patient before/after photos.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a good candidate for fully ablative lasers

Fully ablative lasers (see video) can transform older skin, and certainly help with acne scars. Your skin type is not suited for co2, even erbium laser. For pores in your skin type, I would use INFINI RF over lasers, combine this with PRP, you will need 3 sessions over 2-3 months. Add some prescription strength Vitamin A, and your pores will be shallower and narrower. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist