Compression Garment after Tummy Tuck Revision, how long do I have to wear it? (photos)

Just had a tummy tuck revision on 9/30/16. Removal of "dog ears", pubis lift and lipo on outer thighs. How long do I have to wear compression garment?

Compression Garment after Tummy Tuck

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

If you find yourself at all concerned about your compression garment, its effect or position, or how well it is working the best person to see immediately is your plastic surgeon to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck!