Not sure what this is or what I can do to make this less visible? Non surgical or botox? (Photo)

Midline neck bands

It appears that you have developed a midline platysma band.  It is the result of laxity of the muscle of the neck and in some part, laxity of the skin as well.  The least invasive way to deal with this issue is to inject the muscle with Botox or another neuromodulator.  The skin laxity is another issue that can be dealt with using numerous laser technology but without dealing with the muscle directly you will continue to have this band.  Surgical repair is also an option and recovery is less difficult and quicker than you probably think.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

The aging neck can have excess skin, fat or muscle banding

There are not too many things that could be happening in your neck. There are three components: skin, muscle and fat. The fullness you see can be one, two or all three of these.Without being able to palpate the tissue, my guess by looking at the photo is that it is excess skin. Usually muscle bands are two vertical bands, and fat pads usually appear more full in that region.Your options include necklift surgery or any of the many skin tightening devices. In my opinion all devices work somewhat, but surgery is still the gold standard.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck band in submental area

If this is a tense muscle band, Botox will work. If it is loose skin, you need tightening in the area. Infini will improve this. Another option is PDO threads. Placement of smooth threads in the midline and barbed threads lateral to give some tension seems to work well for this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Neck bands and lines

Both the bands and the lines can be improved with the injection of Botox and you could also have a procedure such as Theramage but would get the Botox first and see if that is enough. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and is experienced with the procedures

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Neck Wrinkles

Thank you for posting the photo of your neck.  A combination of Thermage and Botox would help your neck area.  Botox should be injected into the cords and Thermage will help produce new collagen and tighten the neck and jowls.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

How to improve skin under chin on neck?

From the photo you provided, it appears that you have some laxity of the skin in your neck under your chin.  An exam would be helpful to confirm this.  If that is the case, Botox would not normally help to improve this issue.  Surgery could be one option to help or a non-surgical alternative would be Ultherapy.  The amount of skin tightening with Ultherapy normally would not be as dramatic as that seen with surgery, but it could provide some improvement.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for platysmal bands

I believe what you are seeing on the photo is a platysmal band. It can be treated with Botox injection, usually 8-15 units per platysmal band. I recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector.

Neck treatments

Thank you for your question Bmcgeoch. It is difficult to see what you are referring to. There are a number of treatments to improve the neck. IPL photofacial treatments will help with the redness and texture. Kybella can help with the double chin. Various tightening treatments can be used to help with sagging skin. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician