Which surgery do I need; Lipo, laser lipo, full or mini tummy tuck ? (photos)

I had 4 c- sections, last one was 1 year ago, i would like to know which procedure is the best choice for me.

Lipo or Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately the pictures you have provided do not give enough of a view to make much of a determination.   Generally, if you have just excess fat and good skin tone, then liposuction is an option.  If after 4 c-sections, you have any separation of your abdominal muscles, then you would need a full tummy tuck with muscle correction in order to achieve an optimal result.   Ideally you are close to your optimal weight in order to achieve the best result and to reduce the risk of healing or peri-operative complications.   Good Luck and always consult a board certified plastic surgeon to get a definitive surgical plan.

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty with Liposuction

Thank you for our question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure combined with liposuction. A special kind of tummy tuck that I perform is called a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty. This procedure will tighten the abdominal muscles that can become loosened with pregnancy. Excess skin will be removed and you will have a  flat tummy. I usually perform liposuction along side with this procedure to give the best, most contoured results. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Options for Abdomen

You would most likely be best served with a full Tummy Tuck operation. When you're ready seek a board certified plastic  surgeon in your area. Other items you listed above will not achieve near the results a full TT would. Best of Luck!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Dear J.

Thanks foe submitting your pictures. From observing you pictures, you appear to have skin and muscles laxity from your chest bone to the pubic bone and your waists are not defined.

I have been in practice for over 29 years and performed tummy tuck surgery on well over 1000 patients. Based on your pictures and my experience , I can tell you that all you need is tummy tuck surgery by experienced board certified plastic surgeon. This procedure will be one of the best investments in yourself. It will increase your self esteem, your confidence, your sense of femininity, improve your posture and make shopping fun again...

Your stomach will be flat with tight and youthful skin and most likely you will lose significant weight due to the muscles tightening that will reduce the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger. Only 10% of my patients who had tummy tuck request liposuction surgery, since they are very happy with the tummy tuck outcome alone.

You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do you due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely to avoid bad results and corrective surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.

Dr Widder

Tummy tuck

I would go with the full tummy tuck.  It will reduce the amount of fat, tighten the muscles, tighten the skin, and be the strongest procedure to dramatically improve the appearance.Best of luck!

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Which surgery?

You need an abdominoplasty with adjuvant liposuction.  The mini tuck and less invasive options will not produce the necessary correction.   After four c-sections, there is too much stretching of the musculature above and below the umbilicus for a smaller procedure. Best wishes. Dr K 

Full tummy tuck

Based upon the history and the way your stomach looks, it looks like you can benefit from muscle tightening and excess skin removal. A full tummy tuck might be the right choice with perhaps liposuction of the flanks as well.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy

The best procedure depends upon your goals and what you're willing to have performed. 

If you want tummy, waist, back contouring with fat grafting to the buttocks, you should do that first. I use Vaser ultrasound liposuction for best results. 

If not, and you just want a flat tummy from the inside, then a tummy tuck would be indicated. That recovery would be similar to a C section.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to determine which procedure is best as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck

jereansis

Thanks for the question and photo. Very straight forward. 

You would be fit best from a tummy tuck with liposuction of your sides and Lowe whack. This will give you both a flat stomach with a narrower waistline.  

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Best of luck

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS