Can I get a Tummy tuck in my fifties?

I've lost some weight and my stomach and thighs are an embarrassment, but I don't know if I'm too old. I work out with weights, and do cardio 6-7 times a week. I ride a bike over 100 miles a week. I feel I am in good shape and don't take any medications other than for reflux.

Tummy Tuck | Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question about tummy tuck.

Yes, many individuals get tummy tuck in their fifties. In general, age is not a contraindication but medical problems are.

To be sure a tummy tuck is good for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Tummy tuck age 50+

Thanks for your question!
I frequently perform tummy tucks on patients in their 50's. It sounds like you are fit and in great shape and have good overall health. You can go to the asps.org webpage and find a Board Certified surgeon in your area. 

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck in the fifties

Hi, there.  Thanks for your question.  From your description, you seems to be very healthy!  There is no limit on the age for tummy tuck.  As long as you are healthy and a good candidate for tummy tuck, you can safely undergo tummy tuck and have a great outcome.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated for your candidacy.  Best regards.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Can I get a Tummy tuck in my fifties?

Thank you for the question.Your candidacy for a procedure is determined by your overall health not your age. In other words, someone in their 50's with no medical problems is preferable to a patient in their 20's with multiple medical problems.

I would recommend that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person examination and a discussion of your goals. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Can I get a Tummy tuck in my fifties?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your healthy lifestyle!
Your age is absolutely not a contraindication to tummy tuck surgery; assuming you are in good health and a good candidate for the procedure you may have an excellent outcome with the procedure. In my practice, I would ask that you obtain “medical clearance” from the doctors who know you best, prior to proceeding.
Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.
Best wishes; 

Absolutely

You sound like a great candidate for a tummy tuck being that you are fit and healthy and have some areas of concern that haven't responded to your exercise regimen.  I have done tummy tucks even on healthy patients into their seventies.  You'll do great.  Make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Yes, age is not a limiting factor for tummy tuck surgery

Great question.  Overall health is a much more important part of deciding who is or isn't a tummy tuck candidate than age.  Many women in practice are in their 40's and 50's who have undergone a tummy tuck.  On occasion, we will even have women in their 70's who decide to undergo a tummy tuck.  Seek consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons that have good before and after photos and good online reviews.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

TT in 50s

Absolutely.  As long as you are otherwise healthy and a good physical candidate, you can get a TT in your 50s.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Can I get a tummy tuck at my age?

Yes. If you're an otherwise healthy person a tummy tuck should be perfectly safe for you to undergo. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person to be evaluated and assured that a tummy tuck is the way to go.

Thank you for your question!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question. You are certainly not too old to undergo plastic surgery. Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for full evaluation. 

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD